Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

HELLO! My first Parrot is ordered. African Congo Grey!

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

HELLO! My first Parrot is ordered. African Congo Grey!

Postby ercangenis » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:02 am

Last edited by ercangenis on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ercangenis
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: African Congo Grey
Flight: No

Re: HELLO! My first Parrot is ordered. African Congo Grey!

Postby Pajarita » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:29 am

Welcome to the forum! Do you know for a fact that the bird is a male? Has it been born already? Have you done your research as to the quality of husbandry the breeder has? This is the most important thing to take into consideration when acquiring a baby [something I do not recommend, most especially with grays which are known for turning on their owners when they reach the age of two - the breeder will deny this but it's a fact] because overbred parents produce weak babies, plucking parents usually produce babies that will pluck as they get older and, as grays are known for their pickiness in terms of food, if they are not weaned correctly to good food [something only a very good breeder will do], it will be a constant fight to get it to eat a good diet...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions