Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello all

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hello all

Postby Alexnguyen » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:46 am

Hello everybody!

My name is Alex. I have one daughter and she is quite interested in colorful parrots. Hence I am wondering whether I should raise a parrot or not. If I want to have a parrot, could you please suggest me which type of parrot I should raise? Thanks so much.
Last edited by Alexnguyen on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alexnguyen
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: A striated Pardalote
Flight: No

Re: Hello all

Postby Pajarita » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:25 am

Welcome to the forum and thank you for taking the time to do research before you acquire a parrot. First of all, the species that will work out depends entirely on your lifestyle [do you own a house or live in an apartment? is there somebody home during the day? do your and your family travel a lot"], your daughter's age and whether she will be in charge of the bird or not. Can you, please, reply to these questions? Aside from this, I recommend adopting an adult bird instead of raising a baby because babies are a lottery as they change a lot when they grow up while, with an adult, what you see is what you get -which is much safer not only in terms of health [most parrots in captivity die before they turn two years old] but also in terms of temperament and bonding.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Hello all

Postby liz » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:27 am

Welcome.

Is there a parrot rescue near you. The best way to find your bird is to visit there. You not only see the variety but you can learn the personalities of each bird. You may bond to one there.

Navre is doing volunteer work at a shelter he went to visit. He keeps us updated.

There are so many caring humans in this forum. Stay with us and read. You can ask a question to anyone. There are no dumb questions.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions