Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello!

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Hello!

Postby liz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:21 am

Frankie’sMommy wrote:No no, he doesn’t eat all day. I have him out of his cage all day.
He’s 5 months. I’ll talk to my vet again about his diet. He loves his strawberries
and cherries that I get him. He has his breakfast and then he’s out of his cage with me then in his cage in the evening for his dinner. I wasn’t going to train him like a dog
btw just to go on a towel. I am not that dumb.

No one accused you of being dumb. We just get so excited when a new "birdy baby" is added to our flock.
We love our birds. We know each other's birds and love them too.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:26 am

Frankie’sMommy wrote:I definitely am going to contact my vet about adding that stuff you mentioned to his pellets. They have Omega 3 and 6

You should never supplement birds with Omega 6, it would create an imbalance and make the bird sick because every grain and seed has omega 6 [pellets are made of seeds and grains] and the thing with omegas is that they need to be in perfect balance or it's worse than giving them nothing [Dr. Harrison -the same Harrison of the pellets- noted in his last avian medicine book that people were getting their birds sick by giving them omega supplements]. As Omega 3 goes, adding flax seed to their soft food is all they need. More is not better with birds.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Darlene » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:56 am

Hi
We are new ...sheldon Cooper is a 4 year
Old quaker ..I have had him since he was
8 weeks old:)
:monk:
I tried to upload a photo :(
Darlene
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Quaker

Postby Pajarita » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:49 am

Hello Darlene and Sheldon, welcome to the forum! I also have a 4 year old quaker but it's a female [her name is Keku and I ADORE her!], is Sheldon DNA'd a male?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Previous

Return to Introductions