Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Postby Bultaco » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:52 am

Hi there, from Canada.

I'm a long-time bird owner and have had several species under my roof over the years.....but my wife and I are down to just one pet, now.

Garcia, our Double Yellow, (may actually be MARCIA, because we haven't sexed it) is 22 years old and spoiled rotten...along with our cat, who has a mutually "who cares" attitude about the other.

My hope is to pick up some long-overdue tricks and tips on how to co-exist with a pet who "thinks he owns the place", and a wife who's inclined to allow that attitude. ;-) (That'll be just between you and me, though, right?)
You can call me Scotty
Better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it!
Bultaco
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow-Headed Amazon
Flight: No

Re: New Member

Postby Pajarita » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:00 pm

:lol: My husband thinks just like you! According to him, I allow the birds to 'own the place', too! And I would kind of agree with him and you because it is true that I don't really impose any real rules on them while I do it with our dogs and cats, But this is because they are completely different - dogs and cats adjust to our lifestyle but we need to adjust to parrots' or they suffer tremendously in captivity.

As to whether you have a Garcia or a Marcia, it should not be too difficult to figure out as male zons tend to be too possessive and borderline aggressive during breeding season while hens just become quite mushy and lovey-dovey.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: New Member

Postby liz » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:12 am

After 32 years, Rambo's name has been changed to Rainbow. I am her third human owner and she came with the name. I noticed that when she was hormonal she backed up against things instead of trying to hump them. I have had her 18 years.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions