Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New Budgie Owner

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

New Budgie Owner

Postby NitroCola » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:52 pm

Hello all, first of I would like to say that this website has wonderfully organised resources that have helped me a lot. On the 29th of December, my parents surprised me(16) and my little sister(13) with budgies to take care of. So far, budgies have had a very positive impact on my life . They help with my disorder (bipolar) and its helping me communicate with my sister and learn to solve issues together nicely. I still have a lot to learn about budgies, but my goal is to give them the happiest life possible.

Heres a video of my budgies, Neeko (Green) and Athena (Blue). They've been with us for about 5 days. Neeko doesn't like coming near me just yet, which is fine. Athena on the other hand will voluntarily perch onto my hand if I have millet to offer.
https://youtu.be/bep8sugvJQg

In this video me and my sister made a couple of newbie mistakes i'm aware off. I touched the bird too soon , and my sister let them out of their cage when she was "cleaning" without a plan on how to get them back in. We ended up having to grab them to put them back in which was sad because I know your not supposed make budgies do something they don't wanna do. They are not hurt however, and we are still doing our best to make sure they are happy. I am also getting them a MUCH bigger cage I am saving up for so that they are happy. I might just find a job in the summer so I have more money to take care of them. I also have a buying plan to get my budgies things such as cuttlebone, minerals, pellet diet, etc.
:budgie:
Owner of two budgies, Neeko(Green) and Athena(Blue)
NitroCola
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Budgies
Flight: No

Re: New Budgie Owner

Postby liz » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:53 am

Welcome to the forum.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo