Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hi I'm Jacob, and I'm a soon to be bird owner

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hi I'm Jacob, and I'm a soon to be bird owner

Postby Jacob Collstrup » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:05 pm

Hi I'm Jacob, and I'm a soon to be bird owner.

I'm new to these forums, though I have watched a few fun videos of Kili. I come here as part of my research into parrot keeping. I'd like to know what to expect before diving in, but most importantly I don't want to get a bird that is simply too difficult to train/tame or simply doesn't fit into my life.

I'll try to find some topics to answer my question, if I can't I guess I'll just post a question here, somewhere.

Best regards,

Jacob Collstrup
Jacob Collstrup
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Types of Birds Owned: None yet
Flight: Yes

Re: Hi I'm Jacob, and I'm a soon to be bird owner

Postby Pajarita » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:44 am

Hi, Jacob and welcome to the forum. Yes, learning as much as you can is essential and volunteering at a bird rescue is highly recommended but I am afraid that you are thinking of parrots in a 'dog's way' because there is no such thing as a parrot species that fits a human lifestyle. Not a single one. And there is no way you can tell in advance if a bird is going to be difficult to tame or train because it does not depend on the bird species or the individual at all, it depends entirely on the human, its empathy, flexibility, patience, expectations and love for birds. A non-bird person can take a bird as highly trained as Kili and not get love or a single trick out of her...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions