Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Newbie here

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Newbie here

Postby tommythomas » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:30 am

Hello everyone. I just joined here. Firstly I signed up this forum because I want to learn and gain knowledge about parrot. I have an intention to own a parrot but I don't have a good knowledge if I decide to adopt ones. I have a few cats at home, so many thing need to think about and by signing up this forum, it will be my first step to know about parrot as a pet.
tommythomas
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: No

Re: Newbie here

Postby Pajarita » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:36 am

Hi, Tommy and welcome to the forum! Learning as much as you can in advance is the right way to go with everything but, I warn you, no matter how much you read and study and even if you volunteer at a bird rescue (HIGHLY recommeded!), you will find that you know very little once you get your bird... Parrots are, in my personal opinion, the hardest pets to keep healthy and happy.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Newbie here

Postby tommythomas » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:42 am

Thank you Pajarita for your advice and concern. Sound good for the plan to become a bird rescue volunteer. I'll consider in the future.
tommythomas
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: No

Return to Introductions