Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

2 Catalina Macaws

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

2 Catalina Macaws

Postby TheZooCrew » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Hi! My husband and I are new to large birds. We have 2 Catalina Macaws that we got about a month ago. We live in Florida and have an array of other animals, also. We are looking forward to reading about everyone’s knowledge and hearing about things you do with and for your birds. :)
TheZooCrew
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Catalina Macaws
Flight: No

Re: 2 Catalina Macaws

Postby molinash19350 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:05 pm

Welcome!
hope to see your posts! (:

:danicing:
molinash19350
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 11
Types of Birds Owned: Parakeets
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:02 am

Welcome to the forum! You did not say if these are babies (names?) or if you adopted adults... The reason I am asking is because, if they are babies (under 9 months of age), I hope you know that they need special food (like toddlers, they should not eat adult food but toddler food).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby TheZooCrew » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:01 pm

Hi! The male is 5 years old (Diego) and the female is 6 years old (Hooper). They weren’t rescues and are not bonded. Just purchased from someone that was moving out of state to a smaller home. Lucky us! Thank you for the information, though. We might need it one day.
TheZooCrew
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Catalina Macaws
Flight: No

Postby Pajarita » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:55 am

Oh, my dear, I really REALLY hope you are not planning on breeding macaws! That would NOT be a good idea!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Introductions