Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello from Florida...

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hello from Florida...

Postby BirdIsTheWord » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:24 pm

Just wanted to introduce myself. I jfinally got my baby Bare Eyed Cockatoo. It was born may 2nd and we went for the long drive to St. Augustine Tuesday the 1st. It's currently a month and 4 days old. It's eating good and gains about 10g a day. Anyways here's my story....I know it's long but it's worth the read.

After looking a while for a reputable Bare Eyed Cockatoo breeder I finally found one. March I had enough money to pay even though the babies weren't born yet. March 13th I recieved an email that 1 egg was laid. Although she didn't give it much of a chance of hatching due to the lack of air space, I was still excited! After waiting just about a month, on April 7th I got the great news my baby was born. I had been waiting so long to get another cockatoo, and finally the time was here. Ever since I was a little girl I had great fascination for these birds. When I finally got my first one I knew I was in love. Unfortunately we were forced to move into a studio and my fiance' decided it was in his best interest to find him a better home. Now that we were stable and I can stay at home all day I decided it was time for my lifelong companion. After recieving the first photos I figured I didn't have to worry anymore. Not long after though I had a gut feeling things weren't going to be ok. April 9th, just two days after my great news, I recieved the heartbreaking news my baby had died. Apparently after a feeding it had flipped, aspirated its food, and passed. I let her know I didn't blame her, but to let me know when they layed again. Thanks to the long winter though, the breeding season was prolonged. I didn't hear anything from her, and it was already over a month. Yet again I got a feeling and emailed her yesterday. Not long after I recieved an email and she let me know on May 2nd the baby was born and was doing great. She let me know that she didn't want to disappoint me again so she was going to email me in a couple days after she got it vet checked to make sure it was fine, but since I emailed she figured she'd let me know. She got it vet checked and let me know I could finally pick my baby up. I guess both times when they laid there were 5 eggs and they busted all except for one. I consider this little guy lucky. We find out the gender soon and i'll keep everyone posted!

BirdIsTheWord
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Bare-eyed Cockatoo
Flight: No

Re: Hello from Florida...

Postby pchela » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:25 pm

Welcome! Your baby is adorable!
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)
Flight: Yes

Postby tacotaco » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:07 pm

CONGRATS, finally. that is a very sad thing that happened to the first baby, hope it is up in birdly heaven smiling :) i'm glad that your new baby has finally come to you - best of luck!
Charlie ~ Nanday Conure
Allegra ~ Gold Capped Conure
Willow ~ Blue fronted Amazon
Autumn ~ Nanday Conure
Kim ~ Me!
Our Blog ~ http://www.lifeistemp.blogspot.com
Our YouTube~ http://www.youtube.com/user/icanpwnUn00b?feature=mhum]
tacotaco
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Nanday Conures (2), Gold Capped Conure, Blue fronted Amazon

Postby MandyG » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Welcome! Congrats on the new baby!
MandyG
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon

Return to Introductions