Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New to forum need help!

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

New to forum need help!

Postby Rico'smom » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi, I have a cuban Amazon that I've had since he was 3 1/2 months old. He was raised from hatching by 2 women and now my daughter and I have him. He's afraid of men. I kept his wings clipped until recently. I kept postponing it. Now he's been up in our backyard neighbors tree since 7 last night.
Read articles say he'll come down when hes ready. How long can he go without food or water? I know it's my own fault. He was on my daughter's shoulder while she was watering the garden fireworks nearby scared him.
Rico'smom
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Cuban amazon
Flight: No

Re: New to forum need help!

Postby Rico'smom » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:07 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention, he's 3 1/2 yrs old. And he's skittish about EVERYTHING!
Rico'smom
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Cuban amazon
Flight: No

Re: New to forum need help!

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:39 am

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry about your situation but, my dear, he is not going to come down, you need to go up on a ladder with something he loves (maybe a walnut or a peanut?) and lure him to your hand. Please PLEASE do not delay because a clipped bird never learned how to maneuver or land properly and he must be scared out of his wits as well as terribly thirsty and hungry! Also, a gust of wind can carry him far and you will not only lose him, he could die!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions