Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New kid on the block

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

New kid on the block

Postby asrielshaven » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:59 pm

Hello!

My name is Bethany, and my beloved companion is Asriel :irn:

Asriel, or Azzy, was hatched in April 2019 and is still getting used to his new home. I thought joining a forum and chatting with fellow bird owners would be a fun way to learn new experiences, and share my own.
Azzy is a turquoise blue Indian Ringneck. I've owned parakeets in the past, and I've been planning on getting a new bird for almost two years since my last parakeet passed. I absolutely love reading and doing research about these amazing animals- or just any animal in general honestly. I'm a bit of a nervous mother right now, but I look forward to continue learning about him and what he likes :D
I plan on harness training and clicker training him. I'm a big believer in using training to bond with your bird! Overall just super excited for this journey!

Please tell me about your birds! What kind are they? Do you, or have you had an IRN?
asrielshaven
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Parakeet/Budgie, Indian Ringneck
Flight: No

Re: New kid on the block

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:20 am

Hi, Bethany and Azzy! Welcome to the forum! I have several different species of parrots as well as canaries and I also have two IRN's - both female and both suffering from liver problems due to the bad diet they received for way too many years in their previous homes. Unfortunately for IRNs, this is a very common problem because people tend to think that a parrot is a parrot is a parrot and that they can all eat the same diet and do the same things but it's not true. They are all different and require specific care to their own species.

Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions