Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Flock leader by default

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Flock leader by default

Postby Sellefane » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:00 pm

I recently acquired Coto through a long term birdsitting gig. My friends who orginally flocked with her decided to make a career change that would have them away from home for long periods of time. I volunteered to take care of Coto and they responded with would you like to keep her. !! I grew up in a family that always had pets of all types. I had exposure to some of the larger birds (specifically an African Grey and a Red tailed Amazon) and a variety of smaller birds (cockatiels, budgies & finches). So I have been reading as much as I can about my new flock mate. She is beautiful, friendly and likes to be with me. I've discovered some of her odder behavior (bobbing low with her wings out a little and regurgitating) actually means she likes me. :D If you have any advice, please let me know. I've slowly been figuring things out and she doesn't always fit some of the typical senegal behavior or likes and dislikes (especially food).

Thanks! - Selle
Sellefane
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot
Flight: Yes

Re: Flock leader by default

Postby Marnie » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:48 pm

congrats on your new best friend! i have a little Sennie and she did the head bobbing - reguritating thing to me too. i thought, wow, she must like me! lol
i don't encourage thr regurg thing though, when she starts that i walk away. i want her to keep her food down there where it belongs. no sloppy seconds for me thank you :D

mine was on pellets when i brought her home from the store, now she eats a variety of seeds, friuts and veggies and a tatse of whatever we are having. she has really bonded to me and bites anyone else.
my husband would love to be able to pet her like he used to but now she wants no part of him.

i have had birds all my life and i have to say Sennies are unlike any i have ever had.
smart, cute, comical and a friend for life. all in a nice small package i might add. :senegal:
Marnie
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: IRN
LoveBirds
Flight: No

Return to Introductions