Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New Member - Wa State

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

New Member - Wa State

Postby DirtHawker » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:32 pm

Hello, new member. Not to parrots though, although I don't currently have one, hoping to get one this month or next.

Family members have had birds since I was younger. We had two blue and golds and a cockatoo. Unfortunately they weren't mine so I didn't get to keep any of them. My uncle has a scarlet and a grey. My granny had a couple amazons.

I really wanted to get a cockatoo, blue & gold or a grey myself, but after some thought on the matter and having small kids I decided I'll go with a conure. So hopefully very soon I'll have one.

As far as non parrot birds go, I have 10 ducks that I'm hoping will be laying eggs this spring and I'm also a licensed falconer and currently flying a Harris's hawk and Prairie falcon.

Hoping to learn some new info and have a connection of good resources through this site.
DirtHawker
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: Raptors: Harris's Hawk, Prairie Falcon
Ducks: One Blue Swede, Four Black Swedes, Four Buffs, One Rouen
Flight: Yes

Re: New Member - Wa State

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:37 am

Hi, Hawker and welcome to the forum! What species of conure did you have in mind?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions