Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

lorkikeet food

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

lorkikeet food

Postby picklehair » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:22 pm

I am currently looking for someone in eastern Montana or Western North Dakota who has lories or lorikeets. We lost our last lory several days ago and have a lot of lory nectar and lory powder that needs a home. We still have a cockatiel and dusky conure but this is not their food. any help locating someone would be greatly appreciated.
picklehair
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: cockatiel and dusky conure
Flight: No

Re: lorkikeet food

Postby Pajarita » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:32 am

Hi, Pickle, first of all, so sorry for your loss! But, also, welcome to the forum and thank you so much for your generosity. If I may make a suggestion - why don't you look for a bird rescue nearby? Lord knows rescues are always in need of supplies...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby picklehair » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:51 am

the only parrot rescue nearby closed. not sure where to go from here...
picklehair
Parakeet

Postby Pajarita » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:54 am

Where are you located? Because nowadays there are bird rescues all over the place... Have you tried searching for one near you? As in Petfinder, for example? Or in any of the sites where they list rescues?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby picklehair » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:01 am

we live in eastern Montana, 220 miles away from a bigger city. not much here. I can try Billings and see if there is something there.
picklehair
Parakeet

Postby Pajarita » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:25 am

I couldn't find any either! Not even petfinder or rescueme have any birds for adoption in your state... Are you too far from Wyoming? Because they do have one there. The other option is for you to give the supplies to the wildlife rescues -of which I think there are two in Montana- because they can use it for the hummingbirds.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Return to Introductions