Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hey guys! Conure Momma here

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hey guys! Conure Momma here

Postby Conure Momma » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:10 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm so excited to say I'm a proud momma of 2 conures. I've owned several species of Parrot throughout the years and just took in 2 after several years without owning a bird. They are absolutely precious! These two were tame and super sweet at one time the previous owner stated and honestly I can see that they were. They have become cage territorial and scared to come out. They do bite some but more as a warning nip rather than a full on bite like Ive had in the past. I really think that they will come around. Owner had gotten to where she didn't have enough time to spend with them. We just got them today and already they have both hesitantly stepped up on my finger. One only out of the cage and the other in the cage. They do not particularly like me in their space though. After leaving the cage open for a while they have both come out to "play" and fly around a bit. Once they have flown off the cage and to the floor they are much more open to being held and stepping up for you. Anyway, I'm just so excited. Any advice for a seasoned bird owner that has been out of the loop awhile? Also what are some good toys that your conures or similar birds enjoy?

I'll try to post a picture of them. I'm pretty sure one is a turquoise green check but I'll ask you guys to help me out on making sure that is what to call him lol. I know he's a green check. The other is a pineapple.
Conure Momma
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Pineapple Conure, Turquoise Conure
Flight: Yes

Re: Hey guys! Conure Momma here

Postby Pajarita » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:37 am

Hi, Mama, welcome to the forum and thank you for taking in adult birds instead of buying a baby. But, please, do not ask them to step up to your finger yet. They need time to get used to their new home and human and asking them for familiarities when they don't yet trust you is counterproductive. Wait them out. It will work much much better in the long term.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions