Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello from Ottawa

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hello from Ottawa

Postby Sinegan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:43 pm

Hello,

I am new to bird ownership and new to the forums.

I am the caretaker of two budgies for close to a year. I really wanted a Parrot first but decided to gain some experience caring for budgies to see how I like it. Well I love it so close to a year later I have adopted a Senegal Parrot after doing some research for the characteristics and noise level I was searching.

Although the previous owner believed that my bird Sinegan was a total of 10 years ( two years under her care and 8 years under the original owner) I think the Parrot is older.

He has a silver leg band with CHC 005 and perpendicular it says ONT and 06. The AACC confirms that it is not one of their leg bands. However if I interpret the colour of the band with the numbers it seems that CHC is the breeder from ONT Ontario and that he was the sixth hatchling (06) in 2005 (005).

I saw one post where someone seems to know who CHC is but never mentioned the name of the Breeder. Much appreciated if anyone can help.

Regards,

Pat
Sinegan
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot and Budgies
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions