Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello from Ohio

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hello from Ohio

Postby triplebbirds » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi my name is Erin. I live in the middle of no where ohio. I breed cockatiels and parrotlets. I wish i could say that i breed Green cheek conures and sun conures and quakers but they just go in the box to make me think i might be able to say i breed them. But still no eggs from them. But the quakers are still young and mostly sleep in their box or yell in it to make the fun noise. I also have a pet Green cheek conure named Pugzy-butt. Thats what happens when you tell a toddler that the new birds name is cuddle bug. I just got a senegal parrot as a pet. She is my first experince with them. So far im not disappointed. Although she has to be high up and our house has 9 ft ceilings so i spend a lot of time standing on a chair to get her down. but she is a good bird and has taught Pugzy to whisper. GO JAZZ!!
triplebbirds
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 20
Types of Birds Owned: Green cheek conure, sun conure, Quaker parrot, Parrotlet, Cockatiel, Senegal
Flight: Yes

Re: Hello from Ohio

Postby Natacha » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi and welcome!
We'd love to see pictures of your birds!
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Postby Kathleen » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:04 pm

Hi Erin, welcome to the forum!

Have you considered teaching your new senegal to fly to you?
Kathleen
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2

Postby triplebbirds » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:15 am

she is flighted, if thats the word for it. She has her flight feathers. She has what appears to be a weaning issue she wants to feed my hand a lot. We dont allow that and i remind her she is a big bird. If i dont let her do that then sometimes i get a nibble for punishment and she gets foofed as a punishment. I havent trimmed her wings yet because she is still adjusting to this house and when i have the babies they get their wings trimmed very gradually. I have not thought of teaching her to fly to me because well i dont know. But i had never thought about that until i seen a video, Ok my 4 yr old seen a video on i think her name was kili or something along those lines, i cant remember names very well but the gentelman that has that bird its a senegal and he is a member of this board. Very sorry bad with names to begin with and only had 2 drinks of coffee thus far this morning. But anyway kili, i think, was flying between two people Like on command. So honestly we have considered it.
triplebbirds
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Green cheek conure, sun conure, Quaker parrot, Parrotlet, Cockatiel, Senegal

Postby triplebbirds » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:25 am

triplebbirds wrote:. But i had never thought about that until i seen a video, Ok my 4 yr old seen a video on i think her name was kili or something along those lines, i cant remember names very well but the gentelman that has that bird its a senegal and he is a member of this board. Very sorry bad with names to begin with and only had 2 drinks of coffee thus far this morning.

Michael is his name, once again very sorry for morning ditzyness
triplebbirds
Conure

Postby MandyG » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Check out Michael's posts in the Recall Flight & Flighted Tricks section. Not too long ago I started recall training my bird and I found Michael and Kili to be very helpful!

Good luck and welcome to the forum!
MandyG
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon

Return to Introductions