Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hi from Rio, Brazil

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hi from Rio, Brazil

Postby localpigeon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:15 am

Hi, I ended up here by accident when searching for something on Google. I'm happy to have found the forum :swaying:

My "team bird" as we call them started in September 2009 with Lola, my cockatiel. I don't know what it's like in your countries but chlamydia or "parrot fever" is widespread among parrot breeders in Brazil and she arrived infected not only with chlamydia but with other illnesses on top. It was a month until the chlamydia results came back and another month treating her with antibiotics in the beak. By that time I had already got Boris, my other cockatiel and Maxi, the budgie who also had to be treated.

Only now, with the birds healed can I start to actually train them and enjoy to see them happy and active playing with their toys. Very quickly they have forgiven me for forcing medicine down their throats. What a battle it was!

Hope to share a lot more stories with you guys in the future.
localpigeon
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Budgie, Cockatiels
Flight: Yes

Re: Hi from Rio, Brazil

Postby Kathleen » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:47 am

Wow! Not only were the birds not used to you, but you had to force them to take their medicine, which probably made them afraid of you. :(

Welcome and thanks for joining the forum. I'm glad your birds are healthy now!! :cockatiel:
Kathleen
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2

Re: Hi from Rio, Brazil

Postby localpigeon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi Kathleen, yeah, it was a nightmare. But it's all getting better now. Lola is very friendly and Maxi is starting to step up and fly to my finger. Only Boris is still a bit scared... He joined in late so I think he needs a bit more time to adapt.
localpigeon
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Budgie, Cockatiels

Return to Introductions