Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Will my budgies sleep in a hammock if I provide them?

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Will my budgies sleep in a hammock if I provide them?

Postby Clecoo » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:58 am

I used to have two conures who would snuggle all night in their hammock together, they loved sleeping in it. Does anybody out there have budgies who like to sleep in hammocks? Or can you just tell me how they do prefer to sleep? I'd like them to be comfortable....thanks for any helpful information.
Clecoo
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: parakeets
Flight: No

Re: Will my budgies sleep in a hammock if I provide them?

Postby captwest » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:44 am

Hey Clecoo,welcome to the forum, I'm not a bugie owner and don't know much about them, maybe some budgie owners will respond and help you out. In the mean time i did see a post under housing that you might want to read. "Pepper gets a hideout" good luck.
captwest
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 40
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Head,Yellow Nape,Orange Wing,and Panama Amazons ,Timneh African Greys, Quakers and Cockatiels
Flight: No

Re: Will my budgies sleep in a hammock if I provide them?

Postby Kim S » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:40 am

Most budgies like the hammock when they are little. When they are older they grow out of it. Not literally, but mentally.
And if you have one of more female budgies, I wouldnt recoomend them anyway. The females look at the hammock as a nesting opportunity. This could start hormones going haywire whith all the annoying results. Fight among the birds, snippy to the owners, and even egglaying or breeding.
Kika: Senegal Parrot.
Guus: Cockatiel, Yellowcheek, cinnamon, pearl, pied.
Kim S
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal (1)
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions