Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hello

Postby miajag » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:00 pm

I've been posting here a bit, so I might as well introduce myself and my Quaker parrot I got a week ago. I had been researching parrots for a month or so after becoming interested in them after some friends told me about their African Grey. After doing quite a bit of research, I decided on a Quaker because I believe a lot of their qualities make them a good "first parrot."

Winnie is 6 months old and I got her from a woman who needed to re-home her because her son was allergic. She was, of course, fairly stressed from the move but she's actually a very well-behaved bird and was willing to come out of her cage, step up and let me scratch her head right away. Her wings are somewhat clipped, but she is still able to fly pretty well (as she kindly demonstrates when she gets bored and wants to go back to her perch). I'm still debating whether to clip them, but at the moment I'm leaning toward allowing her to grow her feathers out, unless it becomes a problem.

Here's a video of her enjoying some peanut butter earlier today:
miajag
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Quaker Parrot, Budgerigar
Flight: Yes

Re: Hello

Postby Kathleen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:49 am

Hey miajag. It's nice to meet you and your quaker Winnie. I think it's nice when people adopt birds that need a home. Thanks for sharing. :)
Kathleen
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Flight: Yes

Re: Hello

Postby MissLady9902 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:34 am

Hi and welcome!
Cathy

Busy beaks are quiet beaks!

:senegal: - Noodle
:gray: - Marvin
MissLady9902