Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hellooo

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hellooo

Postby windharper » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:16 pm

Now I'm bummed! I just spent way longer than I should have on a nice introduction of my flock and myself. Guess I had too many interruptions as I tried to do a 'save' and it said I wasn't logged in anymore and whiped out everything. Oh well. :(

So, even briefer and less detail, I rescued a pair of cocketiels who were 7 months old from a lady who said they were mean and didn't want them. (She never worked with them and never even named them.) There was a male who was only mildly interested in humans and a female who showed no interest in anything human. The male brutalized the female and kept her from food. In my desperation as a new indoor birder, I visited pet stores, bookstores, libraries, and web sites, to research these birds.

This is how I'd meet my Senegal, who from the very onset, would always come to the front of the cage when I visited the store he called home. He'd follow me from one side of the cage to the other and lean his head over to hear when I talk to him. Why couldn't my 'tiels do that? I'd come to find out that this Senegal had been in the store since before Christmas of '08 and no one had bought him. I felt from the very beginning that he chose me! I would finally buy him after 2 months of visits just last May. His name is Tamber. He is extremely intelligent....which I guess, I'll explain another time. He turned 1 year old last August.

At the advice of the Vet, I separated the cockatiels and realized that I would never be able to fairly keep them separate and happy. So I found a loving couple who took the male and say he is now responding very well with them. Meanwhile, the female has blossomed into a very sweet bird who is now interested in her human flock (which again, I guess I'll explain another time). Her name is Teyla. She turned 1 year old, just a couple of weeks before Tamber, also last August.

We live with my husband in Northeast Ohio.

Lastly, thank you, Michael, for inviting us to join your group. I work 3 jobs and don't have the free time I'd like, but I do like to talk and read all things "parrot" when I can.

Best wishes,
Deb, a.k.a. windharper
windharper
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal, Cockatiel
Flight: Yes

Re: Hellooo

Postby triplebbirds » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:07 pm

Another ohio person. Welcome to the group.
triplebbirds
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 20
Types of Birds Owned: Green cheek conure, sun conure, Quaker parrot, Parrotlet, Cockatiel, Senegal
Flight: Yes

Re: Hellooo

Postby MissLady9902 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi and welcome!
Cathy

Busy beaks are quiet beaks!

:senegal: - Noodle
:gray: - Marvin
MissLady9902
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: A Senegal and a Congo African Grey