Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

A Request in Memory of Wolf

Be familiar with the forum rules and check back for announcements. New collaborative videos discussion.

A Request in Memory of Wolf

Postby Michael » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:07 pm

I have a request out of respect and memory for the moderating efforts of Wolf on this forum, please be reasonable and respectful with your participation on this forum. Wolf wanted you guys to get along, be respectful, and learn. He spent a great deal of effort moderating this forum: cleaning up spam, fixing issues, and guiding the participation to remain civil. I'm not going to rush to appoint another moderator. Please do not bring shame on Wolf's legacy by taking advantage of his moderating absence. I hope you can foresee what kind of misbehavior he would have moderated and take it upon yourself to do that for yourself. Don't moderate others. If everyone could just moderate themselves, we would do quite well. Treat your participation on the forum as though he is looking down upon everything you post, the way he always has.

If you see spam, don't respond to it. Click the report button (! exclamation point in a triangle above every post). It will make that post red in my view and I will delete these whenever I can. Your cooperation will be much appreciated and honor wolf's efforts to maintain civil parrot discussions.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Re: A Request in Memory of Wolf

Postby Pajarita » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:39 am

I think everybody who is already here will do their very best... I know I will. Good to know that the little exclamation point brings postings to your attention -I did not know that.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:54 am

I agree :thumbsup:
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby KimberlyAnn » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:16 pm

What happened to Wolf? I remember him.
My family: "Emmi" Green Cheek Conure (12/15/2012), One husband, two step kids, and one baby boy born in January 2015!
KimberlyAnn
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure

Postby liz » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:31 am

I knew Wolf was sick but did not know he had cancer. I thought he had a cronic illness. The last thing he did before his death was to post in the forum

I miss him so much. He was special.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:58 am

KimberlyAnn wrote:What happened to Wolf? I remember him.

He died of lung cancer. He seemed to be getting better, the tumors were shrinking with the treatment and everything but he was having trouble breathing and something must have happened because he called the ambulance... But he did not make it. He had suffered from real bad back pain for many years and had to take opioids for it regularly which, as we all know, pretty much destroys your health.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby KimberlyAnn » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:48 am

I'm very sorry to hear that, life is so precious. I'm glad he found so much love in his animals.
My family: "Emmi" Green Cheek Conure (12/15/2012), One husband, two step kids, and one baby boy born in January 2015!
KimberlyAnn
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure

Postby Pajarita » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:18 am

I think that, when it comes to Wolf, love came from more than just animals - he was such a wonderful human being. I know I loved him dearly and will miss him for the rest of my life because, although I have a large family and more than enough friends, him and I were soul mates when it came to how we looked at life, people, animals, etc.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:28 am

I had computer problems and was off line for about a week. When I got back in there was a thread "Liz". He asked if any one had heard from me. He was concerned for me when he had a fatal illness.
I loved him.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby GreenWing » Sun May 05, 2019 7:05 pm

I miss Wolf.

I have his messages in my inbox still. He was there for me a lot, when I was really worried about Chance or my anxiety was terrible and I thought she was sick - he was always there for me. I cannot express enough of how much I miss his presence around here.

I appreciate the words Michael heeds - be kind to others on this forum and don't moderate others. I still see rudeness towards others on this site and let me tell you - it is off-putting for not only long time members like myself but new ones, as well. In my everyday life I recommend this forum to other bird owners because, thanks to Wolf, Michael and others, I have learned SO MUCH. The least I can do is to spread the knowledge and what I have learned. My only input here is to echo Michael and ask for others to be kind, be cool, and appreciate that WE ALL LOVE BIRDS, even if some visitors are different in some ways.

But yeah. I miss Wolf. So much.
GreenWing
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥

Next

Return to Forum Rules, Announcements, and Collaborative Videos