Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Ex-Parrot Profile Field Added

Be familiar with the forum rules and check back for announcements. New collaborative videos discussion.

Ex-Parrot Profile Field Added

Postby Michael » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:08 pm

As you may already know, a member of the forum's bird recently died so I decided to add a new profile field for ex-parrots. The reason I believe this is relevant to the forum is it demonstrates a member's experience with those species of birds. Since we do not permit ex-parrots to be listed in the current parrot types/names section, we have added the new ex-parrot field.

For those of you who do not know what an ex-parrot is, from the famous Monty Python Sketch:

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

We'll include deceased, stolen, missing, and rehomed parrots in this category. Basically if for whatever reason, you no longer have that parrot, you can mention it in that exparrot section. Thank you.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Re: Ex-Parrot Profile Field Added

Postby Natacha » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:15 pm

I love that Python sketch!

Question...I have experience with African Greys and Cockatoos, although neither were really "my" birds, they were "family" birds and I did live for a number of years with them. Does that count?
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Postby Michael » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:20 pm

I dunno. I'll leave that up to you. If you think you were their primary care taker and would consider yourself equally knowledgeable/capable of answering questions about them as a full time owner then I think it's ok. The main purpose of these fields is to show related bird experience and just what kind of birds you've had. If you put it in ex-parrot just make a small mention of why. Like that they were your parent's. Ok, that should answer it.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby Natacha » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:22 pm

I had a LOT to do with them. My mom was their primary caretaker but I came in close second. I've spent a lot of time with them and when she went away for weeks (Germany to see her parents), I became primary caretaker. She bought her Moluccan cockatoo shortly before my grand father died and he was "my" bird for the whole month and a half she was away. He was in quarantine and the others were downstairs...that was a, hmm.."fun" time...
The Greys I was with for 3 years I think, as well as one of her Sulfur 'toos...
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Postby TheNzJessie » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:12 am

i put all my ex birds but i did not put any i helps raied at the petsotre i worked at. im thinking of adding vinnie the cockatoo because i was his primary cargiver when he was at the pet store. we used to babysit him a lot because his owner was a air hostess....stupid ay...was home 15 weeks of the year
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Postby DustyTheGrey » Mon May 20, 2013 3:37 am

Suggestion:

Perhaps you could add an "other pets" block on the profile page.
I know this is a parrot forum and our bird experience is important, but wouldnt it be nice to just have a little block on the profile page to list our other beloved pets.

:thumbsup:
Dusty :gray:

"She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person who keeps a parrot." - Mark Twain
DustyTheGrey
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey
Australorp Rooster

Postby liz » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:23 am

If you loved them and lost them then you should list them.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Return to Forum Rules, Announcements, and Collaborative Videos