Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

What brings you here?

Be familiar with the forum rules and check back for announcements. New collaborative videos discussion.

How did you come across The Parrot Forum?

Word of mouth
2
1%
Invited
2
1%
KiliParrot Youtube
38
28%
Trained Parrot Blog
17
12%
Parrot Forum search
29
21%
General parrot info search
46
34%
Linked from other parrot site
3
2%
 
Total votes : 137

Re: What brings you here?

Postby SlaveToAParrot » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:41 pm

I don't really remember the original reason. I wanted to try to deal with my Senegal's bad habits better plus teach him interesting tricks, etc.. Even though I read a whole bunch and asked around in other places. I am a person who needs a visual of it. I need to see how it is accomplished to really soak in the knowledge. I just stumbled across the videos of Kili on Youtube and was super amazed by how well tamed and trained she is(I still am btw :P). Anyway I had read the comments on most of the videos and saw the link to this forum. I have been lurking a lot since joining and love that there are videos showing most of the taming and training involved along with explanations in the blogs. It is greatly appreciated :D
Owned by:
Cody the 15-year-old male :senegal: / Birdie the 17-year-old female :greycockatiel:
SlaveToAParrot
Lovebird
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is female
Posts: 29
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cockatiel
Flight: Yes

Re: What brings you here?

Postby hooligan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:09 pm

I originally found the site off of google. I'm pretty sure that I was just looking for ways of teaching a parrot different tricks. I had already done a good deal of research on taking care of parrots and having one as a pet, but (aside from stepping up) wasn't finding any step-by-step instructions on actually guiding them through a trick.

I've only ever posted on a parrot forum once before. When I first got Luna, I had problems with her not wanting to play by herself, not wanting to step down/get down if she was on me, and was just generally concerned that she would start plucking because she didn't know how to play with her toys if I wasn't playing with her. None of the people that responded to my question actually had anything helpful to stay.

Reading the guide about target training was actually what solved my problem. By teaching her to target a stick (which I had to do with her on my shoulder, because if she was on a perch, she was too focused on jumping onto me), I was able to guide her to step down/get down. This also opened the door to other tricks and teaching her that she could play with me (and then play by herself) without needing to be on top of me.

I stuck around just because of all of the tips on bird behavior, health, housing, etc that I can learn about by reading the blog and the forums. I know I keep saying it, but I'm a new parrot owner and my bird is still under a year old. So when things pop up, it's new for both of us. Being able to search the forum for questions other people have asked has been really helpful :)
User avatar
hooligan
Cockatiel
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is male
Posts: 78
Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheeked Conure (Cinnamon Turquoise)
Flight: No

Re: What brings you here?

Postby RedDragon1288 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:55 am

I was sreaching for reviews on American made stainless steel cages and found one of the post. Join because I wanted to give my graduate to the person who posted it.
RedDragon1288
Cockatiel
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is female
Posts: 55
Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Parrot
Flight: Yes

Re: What brings you here?

Postby Parks » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:59 am

I was searching around for a good parrot forum on the net.

Lolly :gcc: is my first pet parrot, so I figured joining such a forum was the best way I could learn as much as I can about looking after her.

So many helpful posts & friendly people too! so I plan on staying around!

Good job on the organisation of this forum too! :thumbsup:
User avatar
Parks
Parakeet
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is male
Posts: 9
Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
Flight: No

Re: What brings you here?

Postby laducockatiel » Mon May 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Parks wrote:I was searching around for a good parrot forum on the net.

Lolly :gcc: is my first pet parrot, so I figured joining such a forum was the best way I could learn as much as I can about looking after her.

So many helpful posts & friendly people too! so I plan on staying around!

Good job on the organisation of this forum too! :thumbsup:


Well, you came to the right place! This place is awesome for learning about caring for any type of parrots
My blog: http://the-buzz-online.weebly.com


"If we don't stand for something, we may fall for anything."
- Malcolm X"
User avatar
laducockatiel
Amazon
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is male
Posts: 845
Location: London, England, Uk
Flight: Yes

Re: What brings you here?

Postby DanielA » Thu May 10, 2012 8:58 am

:thumbsup:
laducockatiel wrote:
Parks wrote:I was searching around for a good parrot forum on the net.

Lolly :gcc: is my first pet parrot, so I figured joining such a forum was the best way I could learn as much as I can about looking after her.

So many helpful posts & friendly people too! so I plan on staying around!

Good job on the organisation of this forum too! :thumbsup:


Well, you came to the right place! This place is awesome for learning about caring for any type of parrots
DanielA
Conure
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is male
Posts: 129
Location: Bogota, Colombia
Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Peach-Faced Lovebirds
Flight: Yes

Re: What brings you here?

Postby laducockatiel » Thu May 10, 2012 9:44 am

DanielA wrote::thumbsup:
laducockatiel wrote:
Parks wrote:I was searching around for a good parrot forum on the net.

Lolly :gcc: is my first pet parrot, so I figured joining such a forum was the best way I could learn as much as I can about looking after her.

So many helpful posts & friendly people too! so I plan on staying around!

Good job on the organisation of this forum too! :thumbsup:


Well, you came to the right place! This place is awesome for learning about caring for any type of parrots


A quote in a quote in a quote :thumbsup:
My blog: http://the-buzz-online.weebly.com


"If we don't stand for something, we may fall for anything."
- Malcolm X"
User avatar
laducockatiel
Amazon
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is male
Posts: 845
Location: London, England, Uk
Flight: Yes

Re: What brings you here?

Postby cornettocockatiel » Fri May 11, 2012 2:21 pm

the trained parrot blog is what brang me here
User avatar
cornettocockatiel
Cockatiel
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is male
Posts: 88
Location: UK
Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Budgie
Chicken
Cockatiel
Flight: Yes

Re: What brings you here?

Postby Fportilla77 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:43 pm

kiliparrot youtube
Fportilla77
Lovebird
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is male
Posts: 28
Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Pacific parrotlet
Flight: Yes

Re: What brings you here?

Postby AlbertaAviary » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:26 pm

If it wasn't for Kili and Truman, I'd never have found this forum. I'm so glad I found it as I've been wanting to join an online parrot group for a while. It's great to talk to a bunch of parrot obsessed people like myself ;)

Thank you Kili and Truman!
And Micheal!

From Gillian, Yoshi, and Cocoa. :budgie: :budgie:

:danicing:
AlbertaAviary
Cockatiel
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is female
Posts: 86
Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Budgies
Flight: No

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Rules, Announcements, and Collaborative Videos

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Parrot ForumArticles IndexTraining Step UpParrot Training BlogPoicephalus Parrot InformationParrot Wizard Store