Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

What brings you here?

Be familiar with the forum rules and check back for announcements. New collaborative videos discussion.

How did you come across The Parrot Forum?

Word of mouth
1%
Invited
1%
KiliParrot Youtube
26%
Trained Parrot Blog
12%
Parrot Forum search
22%
General parrot info search
34%
Linked from other parrot site
3%

Total votes : 144

Re: What brings you here?

Postby machme » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:47 am

My niece said why dont you look on line she found it for me. to meet and chat to other people about parrots and may be get a girl friend to who loves parrots as my paroot nails look a bit sharp but not to long so every one was vary help full on that pete.
machme
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: senegal
Flight: Yes

Postby JacobBird » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:46 am

What brought me here would be the youtube channel. It has such good videos!
JacobBird
Cockatiel

Types of Birds Owned: Blue-eyed Cockatoo

Postby Utoomom » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:04 pm

I decided to visit this forum due to the other forum I was on was a bit too judgemental.
It appears this forum is although extremely informative, a bit more diplomatic in
its discussions. Hope to stick around :thumbsup:
Utoomom
Cockatiel

Types of Birds Owned: Umbrella cockatoo

Postby janetafloat » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:46 am

I joined because I got a parrot and every time I googled a question about parrot care or behaviour it would come up with a thread from this forum. I'm so glad I found it, I've learned so much from Michael's training blog and from the other members and am constantly amazed by the high level of knowledge amongst the forum members. Possibly most importantly, when I got my first bird I'd been advised to clip but as soon as I started reading this forum I decided against it and I'm so glad I did. Now that I've lived with birds I can't imagine doing that to them, so thanks Michael and all at theparrotforum! :thumbsup:
janetafloat
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal

Postby Cockatielsongs » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:57 am

I joined because when I googled 'Flight recall' for my cockatiel a thread from here came up, I began reading more and more from here and eventually, when I had my own question that I couldn't find an answer to, registered. I have an account to maybe about two other forums but for some reason kept going back to this one, I don't know why but I feel more 'comfortable' here and almost like I actually know some people here.
Plus, I can always rely on the amazing people here to help me out :D
Bandit - Rose Breasted Cockatoo
Cockatielsongs
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Rose Breasted Cockatoo
Flight: No

Postby Robert » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:56 am

I'm new to this and I have 11 birds total. I have 2 cockatiels, 4 Indian ringnecks 4 lovebirds and a sun conure which is my first baby. I can handle 6 of my bird's but the rest of them like to bite and don't want to be handled. what can I do to get them to stop biting and get them used to me? thank you
Robert
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 11
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure,Indian ringneck, lovebirds and cockatiel

Postby Csies » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:43 am

I found a lovebird in my backyard and it came to me and landed on my arm. Got a cage. It went right in on its own. Since then (two days) it will not let me touch it. Freaks out if I put my hand too close in the cage. Is eating food I bought at pet store. But won't eat any fresh fruit or treats. I have no idea how old or sex. Do you think it is just missing its owner or what? It seemed so friendly until it got caged. This is the first bird I've ever had. I keep reading how sociable these birds are but aside from the initial contact it seems unfriendly. Is it just sad and scared?
Csies
Parakeet

Types of Birds Owned: Lovebird

Postby Harpmaker » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:58 pm

I stumbled on Michael's blog shortly after I got my :meyers: . I read every word and watched all the videos, but it wasn't enough. Hitting all the links led me here, and I joined because this is one of the rare places on the internet where people can disagree without making personal attacks.
Harpmaker
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Meyer's Parrot

Postby ludite » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:02 am

I was trying to find some interesting Aviary designs and I happened upon the videos of you flying your parrots at the park and then I started reading your blog. . . . I think thats what it was :) I'm not that in to forums. I'm a member of one about green/sustainable building and I'm on fb. It occurred to me that I would be doing my birds a disservice if I didn't keep up to date with developments, so I've joined your forum and when I get chance I'll start reading some of it - once I work out how to find my way around :) Hope thats ok with everyone :)
:senegal:
ludite
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Jardines

Postby Cherman23 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:01 pm

I joined because I believe the experiences of others is vital. I know there are lots of books and websites that contain less than accurate information. Over the years I have been on many sites and forums. I must say that the knowledge base here has been very good.

:senegal: :senegal:
Cherman23
Parrotlet

Types of Birds Owned: African Grey (Congo)

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Rules, Announcements, and Collaborative Videos