Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Parrot Rescue!

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Parrot Rescue!

Postby Navre » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:24 pm

I didn't take that picture, and for some reason i can't resize it. If you click on it you should be able to see it.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Timneh African Grey
Hooded Parrot
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:11 am

He did not look bad at all on the picture but, then, they hardly ever do before they die... The little ones are usually not fed right at all and that's usually the reason why they die young. People think that pellets are good for them but anybody who really knows about them will tell you they are not.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds

Postby Navre » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:28 am

Having no history on him, I have no idea how old he was. I know that beak was showing no signs of growing back.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Timneh African Grey
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:08 am

Yes, but that is the way it goes when half the beak is broken off. It just never grows back because the 'live' part of it is gone.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic