Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Rhode Island Parrot Rescue

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Rhode Island Parrot Rescue

Postby Pajarita » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:03 am

Yes, we started with budgies, tiels, amazons and quakers and now we have so many being kept as pets that one cannot keep up with the huge number of different species...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds
Flight: Yes

Postby Navre » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:13 am

Boucca, our wild caught Moluccan who has been at the rescue for over a decade has finally been adopted. He went to a woman with Moluccan experience, so she knows what she’s getting g into.

Boucca had been in a house fire. He was rescued by a firefighter who received 16 stitches doing it. I guess there were several birds rescued. The owner came back and got some of them, but not all of them. I know she also left a Scarlett macaw who was adopted long ago.

I think our pair of yellow-collared macaws went yesterday. This was a Weston pair. We named them pebbles and bamm-Bamm. Pebbles only had one leg, but she got around pretty well.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Timneh African Grey
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:39 am

Oh, what WONDERFUL news! I am so happy that Boucca finally found a home of its own!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic