Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Rhode Island Parrot Rescue

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Rhode Island Parrot Rescue

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:36 am

Yes, it will. There might not be a lot of people who, like me, doesn't really care if a bird is pet quality or not but there are some. I would take the breeding pairs not interested in people in a jiffy and gladly if I had the space and was not moving back home! They are so much easier to keep happy and healthy than the pet birds...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds
Flight: Yes

Postby Navre » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:17 am

The vasas are gone, all the goldens are gone. Archie, the cape parrot came back.... I think we have 6 Weston birds left. The 2 bodies, the 2 slenderbills, and the 2 green-cheeked Amazons.

Got the sad news that one of the birds who had been with us for a while, and had a wonderful home for the last year, or so, has passed away. He was the only bird in the home, but the owners are still having a necropsy done. At least he was in a great home for his final days.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Timneh African Grey
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:53 am

Hey! So nice to hear from you! Even if it is a mixed bag of news... Good on all the adoptions but why was Archie returned? And was the bird that died old? Were the adopters inexperienced? Did they work outside the house? Because it seems to me that it could have been just simple stress that did it.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic