Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Rhode Island Parrot Rescue

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Rhode Island Parrot Rescue

Postby Navre » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:11 am

Romeo got adopted yesterday. He is a BEAUTIFUL, thirty-six-year-old blue and gold macaw.

Romeo lived with one woman his whole life. She passed away and her grandson tried to take him, but he got evicted for having the bird. Romeo came to us in November.

I'll miss him, he's a great bird.

Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot
Flight: Yes

Postby Navre » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:12 am

Whenever a post starts a new page, I worry that the posts on the previous page will be missed!
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:38 am

I did not miss it and I am sorry that things did not work out for poor Tango [has he ever stop plucking his chest?]. And yes, B&Gs are great birds!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Navre » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:44 pm

Pajarita wrote:I did not miss it and I am sorry that things did not work out for poor Tango [has he ever stop plucking his chest?]. And yes, B&Gs are great birds!

He stopped when he was with the man who adopted him. After the accident he started again. He barbers all his feathers, all over, right now. He just needs the right person, again.

He’s sweet, but he’s grabby and intimidating. I can see how some would have trouble handling him.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:08 am

I always think that the large species are the ones that suffer the most when they lose their human -or when they are left alone... they are all very needy of company and, because of their size, of trust and faith because most people are afraid of those big beaks.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Navre » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 am

Pajarita wrote:I always think that the large species are the ones that suffer the most when they lose their human -or when they are left alone... they are all very needy of company and, because of their size, of trust and faith because most people are afraid of those big beaks.

Macaws seem to do better than 'toos
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:15 am

Yes, they do. Cockatoos are one of the species that suffer the most in captivity. But I think that budgies, tiels, lovies, bee-bees, etc that are kept alone are begging to get up there on the list, too.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Navre » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Our little Harley girl went home today. I didn't know she was going. She's a very sweet and quiet little bronze-winged pionus. She came from Weston very underweight. She's gotten a lot healthier.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:27 am

Awww, that's great! I only had one bronze-winged, Morena, and she was the sweetest bird ever! She had had a real stressful life before coming to me and dropped dead one day without having a single symptom. I had a necropsy done on her and they couldn't find a single thing as the cause of death but the vet said that all her organs were compromised -most likely because of the chronic stress, poor thing!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Navre » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:09 pm

This is Raj and Priya. They were adopted yesterday.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic