Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Rhode Island Parrot Rescue

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Parrot Rescue!

Postby Pajarita » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Well, I will order it myself then but what a shame that this was not ready for things to be shipped in time for Christmas! I bet you lost a lot of customers because of it...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby Navre » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:55 pm

This is Tango. He is only 2. He's really stunning. He has the longest tail I've ever seen
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Navre » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Navre » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:41 pm

Our little Orange Chinned parakeet, or Cobalt Winged parakeet, depending on who you ask, went home yesterday. This is the tiniest little bird.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Navre » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:31 am

Trix, our Blue and Gold Macaw, and Casey, our Goffins Cockatoo went home yesterday.

Casey was so so scared when he came in. I think he is about 25. He has come a long way. He is going home with a volunteer. Mother and son both volunteer and Casey loves them. I’m so happy for Casey, I could cry.

Trix has been with us for a couple of years. He went home with a volunteer also. He loves her. This is awesome.

We have placed some very difficult birds lately. Maya, Trix, Casey...and Neco is going Home next week.
Last edited by Navre on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:33 am

AWWWW, you made my Christmas, John! And poor, poor Tango, just a baby and already losing his home! Sometimes I really hate people!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Navre » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:32 pm

Tango’s owner had a Greenwing and thought having two Macaws would work. The Greenwing was not on board with this. She had to give up Tango because she thought the Greenwing was going to kill him. They were largely uncaged, I guess.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Navre » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:33 pm

I love tango and would take him in a second if I thought I had the room. He’s pretty beaky, though. He chews like a puppy would. There will be blood and bruises along the way with tango. He is sweet, no malice, he’s just a baby.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:18 am

I hear you! Lack of proper flight room is what stops me from taking in any macaws and, unfortunately for them, they have also become ubiquitous in CL!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Navre » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Our Pink Cockatoo, Cookie, went home yesterday. He was part of the Weston seizure. He came in with a mate, but she died early in the year. Necropsy on her showed her as female, so Cookie is assumed male. I’d have figured them the other way.

(Pink Cockatoo, Major Mitchell Cockatoo...several names)
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic