Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Liz

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Liz

Postby ParrotsForLife » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:47 am

It took me a while to find a few facebook groups that have no people like that so im on 3 groups now which is my own and another for Plum headed parakeets and one for all parrots.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Postby Bird woman » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:33 am

Pajarita wrote:
liz wrote:I was just on FB. I am now on every one's sh.t list. Someone posted a picture of a dying budgie.

Everyone gave sympathy to the owner and told the human to take it to a vet.

It was my first post of the morning and you all know that the first post is usually while excited. I laid into the human and then gave him possible illness and how he should help the bird even after taking it to the vet.

Their response: RUDE RUDE RUDE.

Heaven help them if it was Pajarita on that sight. That person needs hurt for letting the bird get that way.

:lol: Yes, I am sure that I would have been called rude too - Not that I would have wished the person hurt but sheesh! what kind of person posts a picture of a dying animal instead of running to an emergency clinic? Probably looking to relive the guilty conscious for not doing the right thing or worse yet causing it !! And yes I'm in a mood too today LOL BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby liz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:31 am

I have lived through Typhoons and Monsoons as well as earth quakes. I think last night was my first real Hurrican. We are all okay but really really wet.
I dug a trench around the barn to keep the water from running in the stalls but it was not good enough. When I went out to feed and close them in at 7 pm the trench was overflowing. So in the worst part of the storm I was out there with my shovel widening the trench and redirecting in more directions.
My son dislocated his shoulder with the last hay run so it was up to me.
The rain soaked through my raincoat and into my clothes. I was soaked to the skin. It took another hour to redirect.
Crystal River is up 6.7 feet and running through the streets. We are in an area that is much higher than that and do not have standing water this morning.
Since I had to close the Backyard Boys in, I left them a big flashlight to keep them from being in the dark for so long. I hope the batteries held up through the night.

My daughter was actually on her way home and I had to tell her to go back. She had gotten to the SC line so not much of a distance to turn back.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:29 am

Sheesh, Liz! I know you have a heart the size of the Empire State Building but you are getting too old to be digging trenches out in the middle of a hurricane, my dear! You really need to think about either finding homes for the barn animals or your kids need to take them in themselves.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:18 am

I just slowed down enough to listen to the news and found out why everyone was asking if I was all right.
The fire is in Hernando County. I am in the town of Hernando in Citrus County.
I am okay. I seemed to have move to the county with the least problems including weather.

Thank you all for your concern.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic