Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Pet parrot peeve

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Pet parrot peeve

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:56 am

Yes, if I remember correctly, the results are ready in something like 12 minutes! And that is FABULOUS when you have an emergency but I hardly ever have one because they always go to the vet at the first sign of anything, so I always make a point to tell them to use the 'regular' lab to make things cheaper. Don't misunderstand me! My animals get whatever they need but I have a lot of them and it seems as if there is never a month when one of them doesn't need something. I recently took in a sick feral kitten which, if I have my way, will be put up for adoption and, if my husband has his way, will stay with us :roll: That meant examination, testing for FIV, FeL AND panleuko (because you never know with feral kittens and although all my cats are vaccinated against it, I like to know EXACTLY what I am dealing with) as well as deworming and the first set of vaccines - I have appointments for my two old cats (20 and 18) for their 6 month check-ups both requiring complete senior panels, then I have to give Sweetie and Oggie (the two dogs I found on the street) their vaccine boosters (they are both neutered) AND vaccinate, deworm and neuter the dog that was abandoned in my house which I was going to give to a rescue group and couldn't. After this, it's dentals for two of the dogs (Pinky and Sweetie) and I need to bring Naida and Mami Zon for their checkup, too. It's a never-ending story with the vet bills so I am careful not to spend unnecessarily.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic