Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Less Messy Days

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Less Messy Days

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun May 01, 2016 9:40 pm

I now put my birds flight suits on before coming out of the cage and I change them every 4-6 hours usually when I change them they only did 1-2 poops lol.Mango is the only exception to this as he sits on his swing when out so the poop always goes on the newspaper.I also keep them caged now instead of cage less just so they are a little safer and of course they couldn't wear flight suits going to bed and all day.

Before going to bed I remove the flight suit and I check to see if their droppings are healthy and then I put them in the cage and let them settle down before turning off the lights.I try to get them to bed at the same time each night as thats recommended for a good nights rest.Their bedtime is at 10 pm and they usually get out of the cage when I fully awake.Then they get a nice meal usually veg and fruit and sometimes pellets and later they would get seed and probably left over veg and fruit.

Loki had everybody's attention on Saturday while going shopping lol it was my first time bringing her on her own and she kept chirping and everybody was looking around saying is that a bird lol and saw her on my shoulder and some came over to look at her and somebody said hello to her and Cracker was in the carrier and said "Hello" because she heard the woman saying it lol.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Return to General & Off Topic