Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Little bird rescues

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Little bird rescues

Postby Bird woman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:18 pm

A couple of employees have offered to volunteer and I'm going to take them up on it. I pm'd Liz I sure hope she's out of the danger zone! I'm pretty concerned for her family. Do you know anything? :shock:
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:44 am

I am okay. If Good Day Tampa Bay is right it will be down to category 1 by the time it gets to me. That is just a little more than a Tropical Storm and I have been through a few of them so it won't be too bad.
I received a notice on my cell to evacuate but that is impossible for me.

I wish we could ship all the water to the NW and stop the fires. They are terrifying.

Thank you for your concern.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 13
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rainbow
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Tommy Maggie Lacy Flutter Phoenix Jackie Andy Gimpy Louise

Postby Pajarita » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:28 am

Thank goodness you will be OK, Liz! But ask your son and/or daughter to dig the trench around the barn you had to do the last time there was a lot of rain, remember? And get some sandbags and extra supplies, just in case.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic