Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Little bird rescues

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Little bird rescues

Postby Pajarita » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:39 am

Actually, I would worry over Jazzie's surgery but not much over Yaya's. Not that ANY surgery is not a source of worry but whether they amputate the wing or try to fix the broken bones, we are talking about something which outcome would not develop into a fatality -I mean, what's the worst that could happen? That they amputate either now or after they try to fix it and fail? Not having a wing is not going to kill the bird but having an obstructed or not working right intestine would - know what I mean?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby Bird woman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:27 am

Your so right , and she is very pleased with his progress. We are still completely socked in with smoke . Everyday it's in the hazardous or unhealthy range and the birds are really starting to act out . There so used to there outdoor routine in the summer months. I've still got Rio and she is a hand full and very distructive . I've made her a huge playstands with tons of goodies to keep her occupied but that wore off in a few days. Enough for now time to clean up there breakfast mess. :roll: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:14 am

Oh, my... I can only begin to imagine how hard it must be with smoke in the air day in and day out! I would also imagine that even running air purifiers 24/7 doesn't quite do it all the way...

And, yes, my parrots hate it when their routine is changed, too. They don't mind so much a day or two but go longer than that and they let me know they are NOT happy about it and that it's ALL my fault! :lol: Thankfully, it hardly ever happens.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:52 am

YAYA'S surgery went well ! She is in the incubator still , this is day two so she gets used to her wraps and collar and doesn't hurt herself. They were able to save the wing but had to get a little creative with one of the bones. It's going to be quite a recovery for her. Wow I have such a headache from being out in the smoke yesterday, won't do that again but the birds needed veg and fruit. Jazzie will come home Saturday . I'll tell more later BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:24 am

GREAT NEWS!!!! Now, I know that you must be reaching the very end of your rope what with the smoke and the birds being cooped up inside but BOY OH BOY, things are actually going well, aren't they?!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Bird woman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:03 am

YES YES YES. I HAVE ALOT TO BE THANKFUL FOR RIGHT NOW. I JUST PUT RIO OUT IN GENERAL POPULATION AND NOT A MINUTE TOO SOON. GOT 2 EMAILS FROM MEDFORD AREA ASKING ME IF THERE BIRDS CAN COME STAY BECAUSE OF THE SMOKE AND THERE AIR SYSTEM ARE VERY MINIMAL AT BEST. WELL I CAVED AND HAVE THE EXTRA ROOM BUT DAM IM WEARING OUT QUICK. SO SAD THAT THE BIRD POPULATION OUTSIDE IS ALL BUT GONE , I JUST PRAY THEY FLEW TO SAFER AIR. MY WATER FALLS USED TO BE JUST PACKED WITH BIRDS NOW THERES NONE. SOOOO SAD ! :(
Bird woman
Amazon

Postby Bird woman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:21 am

Just got off the phone with rabbit air representative down here and they will be out within the hour to test air and install new systems. I can't take this S--t anymore ! Sounds like a 747 non stop flying in my house and god knows the fids make enough noise. These units are for hospitals and I'm going to :D have a quieter solution now . Yeay !!!! I feel so sorry for the people that can't afford to do this but I need to do it because these fires and smoke pollution seems to be an on going problem now. Today should be a better day. :D
Bird woman
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:55 am

SOOOOO glad you have the funds for it!!! And, yes, I would imagine that lots of people would ask you to board their birds... poor people must be consumed with worry for their fids!

I read yesterday that it was a bunch of teenagers playing with fireworks that caused it! I always said that the kids should all be sent to military school when they reach 13 and kept there until they are 23! I LOVE children with a passion and have infinite patience with them but teenagers are a completely different animal!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Bird woman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:09 am

Running out of room, never mind that I won't have a brain left in my head as I must not anyway taking these birds in. More birds coming in tomorrow. Yeiks ! :thumbsup:
Bird woman
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:03 am

:lol: Yes, there is obviously a wide streak of craziness in anybody who cares for many birds! But I bet the owners of the coming birds are going to nominate you for beatification - it must be such a weight off their shoulders to know their birds are safe and breathing good air!

I wish I was closer so I could come and help you even if it's only for a couple of hours a day entertaining the birds. Why don't you advertise in CL for a couple of volunteers? I bet you can get a couple of young people to play with them for a few hours.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic