Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hoarding, rescuing,collecting,arm candy or love

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Hoarding, rescuing,collecting,arm candy or love

Postby Pajarita » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:31 am

Oh, I do hide! People know I have birds but I tell everybody that I don't take in or adopt out any (which is not strictly true, of course). My neighbor called Animal Control on me (she also called the police 5 times and the SPCA - there is a good reason why the whole neighborhood dislikes them) and got nothing out of it but it worked out for me because, once, when Freddy chewed up a window screen and got out, the guy knew it belonged to me and left me a note on my door to go pick him up from his office. When I got there, I see a bunch of people standing in a corridor in front of the Animal Control office door - they were all there enjoying Freddy's: "UNLOCK THE DOOR!!! YOU FORGOT TO UNLOCK THE DOOR!!" :lol: And, the following day, I got a police officer coming to my door asking to adopt him but I did not because he was still screaming non-stop at that point in time and, besides, he and his wife both worked full time jobs and they had two kids, 6 and 8 years old - and I would never adopt out a big parrot to somebody with small kids (those huge beaks can do a lot of damage!) I don't mind adopting out, I would welcome it, actually! But it's real hard to find good homes for them...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby galeriagila » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:53 am

BW,
Good one!!!
I appreciate the thought!
Maybe it's best if the Rb stays home. He's a very rude houseguest anyway.
:lol:
galeriagila
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 32-year-old Patagonian Conure

Postby Bird woman » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:41 pm

OH, I've delt with the diva kind before not to worry. I would love to make mine movie stars but don't know how to work this computer very good yet. I've got a couple of camera hogs myself. Have a good night early vet appointments tomorrow. BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby galeriagila » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:16 pm

:)
galeriagila
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 32-year-old Patagonian Conure

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic