Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

What places do you take your birds?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Postby ParrotsForLife » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:31 am

Mango gets out the most and we have gone to many places like Shopping centres (Mall some would call it) and we have gone to the park a lot and into town to my Grandad's, He's even been to Burger king lol which took me a while to order because the staff were just asking questions about him lol.I also bring him with me whenever I go to the Pet store and when my mam goes to get her hair done in the Shopping centre I just walk around with Mango.

ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Re: What places do you take your birds?

Postby Bird woman » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:48 pm

My birds a few at a time go everywhere with me. I don't take them to pet stores that sell birds to afraid of bird dander tainted with dieases. The bank is there favorite because the drive up window has nutria berrys and gives them to the birds through the slot and the birds think that is pretty cool. The grange toy section is another big favorite , their spoiled and get anything they want and the girls especially know how to spend money.( go figure) the restraurant is also fun , they get goodies and get to sit at the bar. Mc donalds I hate to say it but they will make me a all white chicken wrap extremely light chicken and chop all kinds of fresh vegies in it , no cheese and even put blueberries in it for the birds. I wouldn't even stop there but the birds see the golden arches and start squealing , so how many of you could say no . That's not very often so I don't want any scolding !!! My birds are out of the house most all day weather permitting but really just enjoy going for rides. I've recently had my windows tinted because of all the people that stare and try to take pics at stop signs and I'm pretty private person , don't like it and I don't share !!! BW. Well with you guys I do and a few at home. :lol: Is that mangos real pic ? God what a beautiful baby !!!!
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:45 pm

Bird woman wrote:My birds a few at a time go everywhere with me. I don't take them to pet stores that sell birds to afraid of bird dander tainted with dieases. The bank is there favorite because the drive up window has nutria berrys and gives them to the birds through the slot and the birds think that is pretty cool. The grange toy section is another big favorite , their spoiled and get anything they want and the girls especially know how to spend money.( go figure) the restraurant is also fun , they get goodies and get to sit at the bar. Mc donalds I hate to say it but they will make me a all white chicken wrap extremely light chicken and chop all kinds of fresh vegies in it , no cheese and even put blueberries in it for the birds. I wouldn't even stop there but the birds see the golden arches and start squealing , so how many of you could say no . That's not very often so I don't want any scolding !!! My birds are out of the house most all day weather permitting but really just enjoy going for rides. I've recently had my windows tinted because of all the people that stare and try to take pics at stop signs and I'm pretty private person , don't like it and I don't share !!! BW. Well with you guys I do and a few at home. :lol: Is that mangos real pic ? God what a beautiful baby !!!!

Yes thats Mango at the park.Tiko my African grey has a boyfriend at the pet store lol his name is Coco, Tiko also came from there 8 years ago.I once had a gang of kids in my garden during the Summer and my Aunty that lives next door also has a African grey told them to leave because they were crowding the birds and Loki my Female Cockatiel was on top of Tiko's cage and the little girl pulled the harness leash and stuck her finger in the cage and Tiko bit her and she ran home crying and then later came back wanting to see the birds again like do people not listen.Now when I have the birds out I just tell any kids that come by that they cant touch them.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Michael » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:17 pm

Anywhere!

Coney Island Amusement Park:

Street Carnival:

New York City:
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby ParrotsForLife » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:29 am

Michael wrote:Anywhere!

Coney Island Amusement Park:

Street Carnival:

New York City:

Ive watched all your videos, The birds only like it if they hear one of your birds lol.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Return to General & Off Topic