Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

9-11

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

9-11

Postby galeriagila » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:48 pm

15 years have gone by. Amazing.

To all who have suffered as a result of terrorism, I offer my humble sympathy. To all who have served in the name of liberty, I thank you. I wish us all peace.

And I thank everybody here for the advice and support I've gratefully received.
galeriagila
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 32-year-old Patagonian Conure
Flight: Yes

Re: 9-11

Postby liz » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:15 am

It is hard to believe that it has been 15 years. Time keeps slipping by me. Last week I could not remember which day of the week it was.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:42 am

I was coming back from Rome and just one hour off Newark airport when the plane had to be diverted to New Foundland - we spent three days there and were then sent back to Rome where we spent another two or three days before we could come back to the States. I used to work on the 24th floor of 2 WTC...

It was a terrible time for America... but I think we, as a country, are now going through times as bad as those were.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby galeriagila » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:43 pm

Wow.

Thanks for those replies.

Flight 93... the one that crashed into the ground in Pennsylvania, flew over us in Cleveland as it turned around and headed towards the target it never hit. That's as close I personally got to the horrors. I remember cleaning and feeding the Rb that morning as I was soon to be headed to work. His television was on... he seems to like CNN (I think he likes all the faces and action. Anyway, The first plane had hit and as the second hit as I was changing his water. We were alone in the house. MANNN, did I want to stay there. But I went to work, of course.

Yeah, 15 years.
galeriagila
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 32-year-old Patagonian Conure

Return to General & Off Topic