Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

college

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

college

Postby Ethan dudley » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:42 pm

what should i do with my caique when i go to colloge, i plan to move to a apartment as soon as i can, :caique: thanks btw i have other family
Ethan dudley
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: Yes

Re: college

Postby Wolf » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:14 am

Except for this question concerns a Caique, instead of a Grey it is nearly the same question and the basic answer is the same as for the Grey. due to the nature of the bonding that takes place between the bird and its human it is always best if the bird remains with the person with which it has formed a bond with, anything other than this creates a lot of undue stress for the bird.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Re: college

Postby Pajarita » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:26 am

Wolf is 100% correct BUT, when we talk about attending college, we are talking about loooooong days and studying well into the wee hours of the morning and neither are good for parrots so, please, take that into consideration when you make your decision because, sometimes and as much as we might hate the idea, loving them means letting them go to a better home than the one we can give them.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to General & Off Topic