Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Florida wild life

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Florida wild life

Postby Pajarita » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:17 am

WOW, yes, that is amazing!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:29 am

GDTB showed a video. A man walking in his back yard found a large Monitor Lizard. When he went to the house the Monitor followed him and wanted in.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:50 am

Oh, poor thing! Maybe he was a pet that was released when he grew up too much?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:31 am

He followed the man as if looking for help. He must have been a pet. People do not realize that releasing pets is reeking havoc on our native wildlife.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:12 am

And let's not even go into how much the poor things suffer when abandoned to their own devices!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:18 am

Pajarita wrote:And let's not even go into how much the poor things suffer when abandoned to their own devices!

I have to put on my "rose colored " glasses to get through so many things these day.
(There are so many things that I can't change that really bother me. I have to put on "Rose Colored" glasses to help me get out of the situation.

Another wild boar was hit in the same place the other one was a few months back. This one looked like a yearling. How can anyone hit a critter that big. I hope it caused damage to the vehicle. I see so many dead critters on the road that should not have been hit if the human was paying attention and going by speed sighs.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:53 am

I tell you, Liz, I don't even read the news anymore because every single little thing on them depresses me -and I am NOT a person prone to depression! Quite the contrary, I am very upbeat - under normal circumstances, that is, but we are not living under 'normal circumstances' right now...
And, yes, you are right! So many animals killed for no good reason! Now, sometimes, it's almost impossible to avoid hitting a deer because they have the habit of jumping onto the road seemingly out of nowhere. That happened to us once when we were living in Pa, we were driving home on a road that cut through a large forest at sunset and I had just told my husband to drive very slowly because this is the hour when it's dangerous for them as they come out to eat and drink and, sure enough, a doe jumped right in front of our car! Thankfully, we were not driving fast at all and my husband quickly turned the car so we just bumped her a bit on the side but she didn't even fall or anything, she safely umped to the other side of the road. But I almost had a heart attack! :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:49 am

WV had so many herds of deer that I was always careful when driving.

The monitor is still on the loose. "Hunters" are out looking for him. So far no monitor but many other invasive species. One caught was a Cane Toad. We need to get those cleared out before they ruin the eco system and kill out all the native species like they are in Australia.

I only watch the news in GDTB. Most of their news is local. They do not dwell on the problems in the world. But just like when Easter the Emu got loose they report what is needed help with here. All of my Florida Wildlife info comes from them.

Not a wild life but the report this morning was of a man walking his goat in town.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:03 am

:lol: And why not? As long as it's leashed...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:22 am

The worst part was that all the man was wearing was a speedo.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic