Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Florida wild life

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Florida wild life

Postby liz » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:23 am

Pajarita wrote:Texas is too racist for my taste...

I did not see this. I had friends and customers of all nationalities. One of my customer was an actual yellow Asian man. My best friends at school were Hispanic. I was the only non Hispanic and female in the school.
My Italian appearance blended in with them but they called me Anglo.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:27 am

Well, read the news and you will see that it's completely different now... as it's all of USA, sadly. Maybe I was living with rose-colored glasses all this time but I am absolutely heartbroken over the loss of America's soul.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:50 am

I know I look at things different than others. My thought is that anyone, legal or illegal, who have been gainfully employed for 5 years and not sucking from the system should be offered citizenship. If they refuse it they should be deported immediately.

Naturalization should be made easier than when my grandmother went through it. It should also only be offered in English.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:47 am

Liz, it's impossible for anybody who came in illegaly or came in legaly and over-stayed their tourist visa to even apply for a permanent residency much less get citizenship. The rules forbid it. People talk about immigrants 'choosing' to remain illegal but that's because they don't know what they are talking about. I came to USA with a tourist visa and changed it to a student visa when I married my first husband so I was never really illegal but it still took me years and years and a lot of money to get my green card - and then I had to wait 5 years and pay another truckful of money, pass a strict physical [for which you have to pay out of your own pocket] and a written and oral exam [and yes, it's in English unless you are quite old] to get the citizenship. People are not illegal because they want to but because they have no other choice - you don't think that people like to work off the books getting less than the minimum wage and live in fear, do you? But that's not what I was talking about when I mentioned racism because, in Texas, they not only discriminate against the illegals, they discriminate against everybody who looks 'different' even if they were born in USA. Sheesh, they are now even denying passport renewals to people who were born in USA but had a Hispanic mother who chose a midwife instead of a doctor in a hospital!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:01 am

Just my thoughts.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby liz » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:26 am

A snake hunter found a 17.5 feet boa in the everglades. It was big enough to eat him and looked like an anaconda.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:48 am

Sheesh! That is one big sucker! My first husband's father used to go to Panama to hunt almost every year and he had a HUGE skin of an anaconda on a wall that he had killed himself. Never liked the guy and, most likely, seeing the snake skin had a lot to do with that because I find the whole concept of using dead animals as adornment so very creepy...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:25 am

I agree with you on that creepy thing. My dad had a buck and doe head mounted and in the living room. Creeped me out. Can you even imagine how it was when I was little to have dead things on the wall.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:36 am

I think that kids get used to it when exposed at an early age... is the only way to explain children actually shooting an animal dead just for the fun of it.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:57 am

A critter has been found emaciated and bald. They do not know what it is but they are taking care of it. It looks like a chupacobdra. They are guessing it is a raccoon by the looks of it's feet.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic