Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Florida wild life

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Florida wild life

Postby liz » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:23 am

An inter city mail carrier that brings mail to the door could not deliver the mail at one house yesterday. There was a boa wrapped around the mail box that was mounted on the house.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:01 am

:lol: That's a new one!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:39 am

A woman was walking her dog when a nine foot gator came out of the water and tried to get her dog. She defended it and died but the dog is okay.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:36 am

Yes, I read about that...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:58 am

The ants here live in the ground and do not make ant hills. I stepped on one of the nests and was attacked before I even knew where it was. They even went into my tennis shoe and really bit me up before I could pull my shoe off. Their bites well up and look like big zits that are ready to pop. The pain lasts for about two weeks and leave scars.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:03 am

SHEESH!!! That's terrible! Imagine if they do that to a baby!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:01 am

A baby would have to be hospitalized and drugged. Each bit is really painful. These aunts move so fast that a baby would be bit all over before the mother could get to him.

The red tide is killing all kinds of animals. The manatees are suffering a lot and some are dying. There are so many dead fish washed up on shore that people are cleaning them up with pitch forks
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:54 am

Yes, I read about that and also that the scientists are trying to find a solution for it. We are destroying Earth... I sometimes wonder if there is going to be any significant resources left in another 100 years.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:12 am

It happened last week but I am just getting around to posting it. Someone deliberately ran over one of our endangered turtles. The car was caught on film but still haven't found the driver. Heaven help him when he is found. It is against the law to touch one of these except to help one get across a road and in the direction he was going.

It made me sick to see the video.

Three of these turtles have been in the fence with Jake the boxer. Jake tells us when it happens and where it is. I put them out of the fence going in the direction they were going.

Florida loves festivals and there is even one for these turtles.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby liz » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:00 am

GDTB had a video of a snake wrapped around the nest of a "settin hen". It must have been something common. The hen did not seem upset. The snake was using the chicken's warmth at night. The hen's eggs were safe from rodents with the snake smell around it.

The snake had been eating rodents and an occasional egg but not the ones under that hen. I have seen videos of a hen sitting on a litter of kittens but this video has to be the most amazing.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic