Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Worst Halloween ever devastated

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Worst Halloween ever devastated

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:12 pm

Short story, Tiko got spooked and flew out the door which I had previously closed as I was planning to take Tiko up to my bedroom away from all the noise and obviously someone opened it while I was upstairs and was shocked to hear she was gone.I posted on 911 Parrot Alert and every bird group I'm on and my own page.I had a dream of this like 1-2 years ago and I can remember saying to my mam was Tiko ever outside because I thought the dream was real and we had her outside well in the dream we did eventually get her back so I hope thats what happens, Shes the oldest in the Flock and I was just starting to really bond with her I just hope she comes home safe and I regret not forcing her to come upstairs when she didn't want to and I know its not my fault but at least she would be here.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Re: Worst Halloween ever devastated

Postby liz » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:44 am

Go out while it is still dark and quiet outside. That is when your voice will carry the farthest. If your bird is within a mile it will here you. Because he was scared he did not pay attention to which way to go. You need to help him by calling and let him follow your voice. Keep calling right into dawn and sunup. Put his cage outside with food and water in it in case he comes home while you are at school.
He misses you and wants to come home.
There is more you can do. Others have suffered this and went through the steps to find them.

Others can give you more info. This is what you can do at this moment.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:46 am

Oh, geez, what TERRIBLE news!!! :cry: Are there any -more recent- news? Can you see her or hear her outside? I always make sure all my birds are in their cages when I know that the door is going to be opened even though I have a buffer zone both for the front and the back doors.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:07 pm

liz wrote:Go out while it is still dark and quiet outside. That is when your voice will carry the farthest. If your bird is within a mile it will here you. Because he was scared he did not pay attention to which way to go. You need to help him by calling and let him follow your voice. Keep calling right into dawn and sunup. Put his cage outside with food and water in it in case he comes home while you are at school.
He misses you and wants to come home.
There is more you can do. Others have suffered this and went through the steps to find them.

Others can give you more info. This is what you can do at this moment.

I did all that and I have no school I'm off for a week because of Halloween midterm, Its dark again now and my moms boyfriend thinks he heard her making microwave noises very close by.I also had a dream last night that she came back and 1-2 years ago I had a dream that she flew away and didn't think much of it and then I started getting de ja vu yesterday.Her cage is out in the garden with food and water and we walked around with the others birds and Rocko chirping.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby ParrotsForLife » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:08 pm

Pajarita wrote:Oh, geez, what TERRIBLE news!!! :cry: Are there any -more recent- news? Can you see her or hear her outside? I always make sure all my birds are in their cages when I know that the door is going to be opened even though I have a buffer zone both for the front and the back doors.

I closed her cage before I went back upstairs somebody must have opened it after, My moms boyfriend thinks he heard her making microwave noises.Im gonna go back out at sunrise and search.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Bird woman » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:13 pm

Do you have another cage to be able to bring any of the other birds outside beside tikos cage (weather permitting),so they can call out? I am so sorry you must be panicking as we all are for you. Don't give up , post flyers around the neighborhood. My prayers are with you .BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby ParrotsForLife » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:58 pm

Bird woman wrote:Do you have another cage to be able to bring any of the other birds outside beside tikos cage (weather permitting),so they can call out? I am so sorry you must be panicking as we all are for you. Don't give up , post flyers around the neighborhood. My prayers are with you .BW

I walked around with them on my shoulder and they called out but its night now and very cold for poor Tiko I hope she found shelter.Im going back out before sunrise and everybody knows Tiko is missing im a bit of a celebrity around here lol if you say anything about a parrot everybody is like "oh yeah I know that guy with the parrots".Everybody in my house had a dream of Tiko coming home but not all the same dreams.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Bird woman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:32 am

Don't give up , keep searching and expanding your search area. Thinking of you ! BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:58 pm

Tiko now has her own page https://m.facebook.com/FindTiko/
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Wolf » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:52 am

If you are not already doing so, then I suggest that in addition to looking around the area that you live in and focusing on high places such as trees, rooftops, window ledges that are second story or higher, that you make a flier with her picture to put up around the neighborhood. I would also check with and leave fliers at pet stores, vet offices, bird rescues and sanctuaries. I would see if your local TV and radio stations will do a public service announcement about your lost parrot. Also check at any zoos that might be nearby.

I hope this will help.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Next

Return to General & Off Topic