Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Worst Halloween ever devastated

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Worst Halloween ever devastated

Postby liz » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:30 am

Please do all of the above.

Companion birds have companion humans. If your bird is having a rough time he will seek out bird feeders, bond with a flock of something or look for a human to take care of him. Write up notes to put on doors so you can pass the word even if the people are not home.

Spread the word by FB also. There is a parrot group on there that has been working together to find lost birds. There was a woman who had to go to the hospital and left her bird to be cared for by her brother. He sold it and used the money for drugs. He could not remember who he sold it to. The woman was devastated like most every Parront would be. It was quite a few months but this group found it and had the police claim it for her. It was still in the same state but counties away from her.

Your bird may already have been taken in. Not everyone will try to find it's home. A reward might cause a neighbor to tell on a neighbor with a found bird. Tell the kids in your neighborhood. Ask them to spread the word in school. Post a reward in schools also. Kids will search for it in hopes of a cash reward.

Wolf's first bird was one that found him and would not go away. The bird somehow got loose, flew around and had fun but got lost. When he could not find enough food he found Wolf.

This is all very time consuming. Your thoughts are consumed by your fear for your bird it does not make much difference.

My belief: Pray ! I believe in miracles. When your bird is found remember to praise the LORD for it.

Check with bird feeder people. Ask them to watch for your bird at their feeder.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:33 am

Wolf wrote:If you are not already doing so, then I suggest that in addition to looking around the area that you live in and focusing on high places such as trees, rooftops, window ledges that are second story or higher, that you make a flier with her picture to put up around the neighborhood. I would also check with and leave fliers at pet stores, vet offices, bird rescues and sanctuaries. I would see if your local TV and radio stations will do a public service announcement about your lost parrot. Also check at any zoos that might be nearby.

I hope this will help.

Thanks for the suggestion I have done all the above
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:36 am

liz wrote:Please do all of the above.

Companion birds have companion humans. If your bird is having a rough time he will seek out bird feeders, bond with a flock of something or look for a human to take care of him. Write up notes to put on doors so you can pass the word even if the people are not home.

Spread the word by FB also. There is a parrot group on there that has been working together to find lost birds. There was a woman who had to go to the hospital and left her bird to be cared for by her brother. He sold it and used the money for drugs. He could not remember who he sold it to. The woman was devastated like most every Parront would be. It was quite a few months but this group found it and had the police claim it for her. It was still in the same state but counties away from her.

Your bird may already have been taken in. Not everyone will try to find it's home. A reward might cause a neighbor to tell on a neighbor with a found bird. Tell the kids in your neighborhood. Ask them to spread the word in school. Post a reward in schools also. Kids will search for it in hopes of a cash reward.

Wolf's first bird was one that found him and would not go away. The bird somehow got loose, flew around and had fun but got lost. When he could not find enough food he found Wolf.

This is all very time consuming. Your thoughts are consumed by your fear for your bird it does not make much difference.

My belief: Pray ! I believe in miracles. When your bird is found remember to praise the LORD for it.

Check with bird feeder people. Ask them to watch for your bird at their feeder.

I really haven't seen anyone with a bird feeder in their garden so I couldn't really ask that and I've done all the above and that group is 911 Parrot Alert its the first place I went to when she flew out the door.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:38 pm

Your best bet is flyers and getting the news out on the local TV and radio stations. It was the publicity generated that allowed Michael to find his birds when they flew away from him.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby marie83 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:08 pm

Sorry to hear this. I hope you find your baby.

Spread the news as far as you can. The parrot I found a few weeks back we were very very lucky to get home because the owner hadn't spread the news very far. In the end i knew more about the birds history than the owner did. She had been out for about 2 months and the owner had given up, so don't lose hope.
marie83
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:40 pm

marie83 wrote:Sorry to hear this. I hope you find your baby.

Spread the news as far as you can. The parrot I found a few weeks back we were very very lucky to get home because the owner hadn't spread the news very far. In the end i knew more about the birds history than the owner did. She had been out for about 2 months and the owner had given up, so don't lose hope.

I would never give up
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby ParrotsForLife » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:27 pm

Its been raining all day and its freezing cold I sure hope Tiko is not out in it
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic