Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Tops Pellets brand

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Tops Pellets brand

Postby ParrotsForLife » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:34 am

Pajarita wrote:But, Brandon, you knew why. She said it was because they were not 'nutritionally complete' because they had no B12 or D3 - it was right on the posting you copied and the answers you gave us.

So your assuming my Quote is about TOPS :lol: have you been reading the first few comments? This other brand that Deborah mentioned is not nutritionally complete and has no B12 or D3
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Postby ~Karen » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:51 pm

ParrotsForLife wrote: I don't know what it was called but they were brown circles kinda like cheerios

I believe they are 'Goldenfeast Goldn’obles. I think they come in 2 sizes and they have no artificial dyes or synthetic vitamins.
https://goldenfeastdirect.com/product/goldnobles-i/
~Karen
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Winged Macaws

Postby ParrotsForLife » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:13 pm

~Karen wrote:
ParrotsForLife wrote: I don't know what it was called but they were brown circles kinda like cheerios

I believe they are 'Goldenfeast Goldn’obles. I think they come in 2 sizes and they have no artificial dyes or synthetic vitamins.
https://goldenfeastdirect.com/product/goldnobles-i/

Yes thats what Deborah mentioned though thanks for confirming it
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby seagoatdeb » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:24 pm

What it comes right down to, is I think organic with no artificial ingredients is best in a pellet and you have to supplement with lots of fresh food anyway. pellets are much too dry to be the big staple. So either tops or the Golden feast would be fine if fed with lots of fresh food.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:19 am

ParrotsForLife wrote:
Pajarita wrote:But, Brandon, you knew why. She said it was because they were not 'nutritionally complete' because they had no B12 or D3 - it was right on the posting you copied and the answers you gave us.

So your assuming my Quote is about TOPS :lol: have you been reading the first few comments? This other brand that Deborah mentioned is not nutritionally complete and has no B12 or D3

No, I am not assuming anything and it doesn't even matter which brand the pellets were. I was replying to your posting right above mine:
Yes I wanted to see what was so wrong about them that she didn't recommend them
Unquote

And, if they are, indeed, talking about Goldenobles, they do contain D3 and B12 (I don't think that the amount of D3 is enough but some is there). Read the ingredients and you'll see.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am

Pajarita wrote:
ParrotsForLife wrote:

No, I am not assuming anything and it doesn't even matter which brand the pellets were. I was replying to your posting right above mine:
Unquote

And, if they are, indeed, talking about Goldenobles, they do contain D3 and B12 (I don't think that the amount of D3 is enough but some is there). Read the ingredients and you'll see.

I know what you were replying too and thats why I said you assumed lol because you said that "She" said that about TOPS but she didn't and thats why I said shes talking about a different brand.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:33 am

Brandon, I am going to try one more time to point out, step by step, the narrative to you because you seem to be still misunderstanding the exchange.

You posted that the reason for this thread was that you wanted to see what was so wrong with these pellets that the person on the other site was not recommending them. This is the post of yours I am referring to:
Unquote

To this posting I replied that you already knew the reason why she was not recommending them because it was on the original post you cut and pasted here. This is your original post and the one I am referring to in my answer and where the reasons are spelled out:
Looks like TOPS Pellets are not recommended by Feeding Feathers

"This pellet is not one of our recommended. It does not contain all Vitamins and minerals to make it a complete and balance pellet. I believe it is missing D3 and B12 among others. It is on the order of TOPS and would be fine as a treat."
Unquote

So, you did know why. Namely, that they don't consider them (Goldnobles) 'a complete and balance pellet' and, apparently, they feel the same way about Tops.

Now, if what you wanted to know was why they did not recommend Tops themselves -and for this I am going by this posting of yours:
Well it wasn't really a question I was just wondering why TOPS wasn't recommended by them"
Unquote
then you should ask them because we have no way of knowing their reasons. We can make assumptions as to their reasons (my assumption been that they also don't consider Tops a complete and balanced pellet) but we can't tell you why for 'certain sure', as they say. What I can tell you is that the argument that some pellets are 'complete and balanced nutrition' and that some aren't is not valid because none of them are - and that their contention that Goldnobles don't have vit D3 or B12 is incorrect.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:48 am

Pajarita wrote:Brandon, I am going to try one more time to point out, step by step, the narrative to you because you seem to be still misunderstanding the exchange.

You posted that the reason for this thread was that you wanted to see what was so wrong with these pellets that the person on the other site was not recommending them. This is the post of yours I am referring to:
Unquote

To this posting I replied that you already knew the reason why she was not recommending them because it was on the original post you cut and pasted here. This is your original post and the one I am referring to in my answer and where the reasons are spelled out:
Looks like TOPS Pellets are not recommended by Feeding Feathers

"This pellet is not one of our recommended. It does not contain all Vitamins and minerals to make it a complete and balance pellet. I believe it is missing D3 and B12 among others. It is on the order of TOPS and would be fine as a treat."
Unquote

So, you did know why. Namely, that they don't consider them (Goldnobles) 'a complete and balance pellet' and, apparently, they feel the same way about Tops.

Now, if what you wanted to know was why they did not recommend Tops themselves -and for this I am going by this posting of yours:
Well it wasn't really a question I was just wondering why TOPS wasn't recommended by them"
Unquote
then you should ask them because we have no way of knowing their reasons. We can make assumptions as to their reasons (my assumption been that they also don't consider Tops a complete and balanced pellet) but we can't tell you why for 'certain sure', as they say. What I can tell you is that the argument that some pellets are 'complete and balanced nutrition' and that some aren't is not valid because none of them are - and that their contention that Goldnobles don't have vit D3 or B12 is incorrect.

Yeah so you telling me I already know is incorrect so why bother telling me all this lol when only they know the answer as you said and all your saying is assumptions again what you said.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Wolf » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:08 am

I really do not like having to respond like this on the forum, but feel that I have been more or less forced to do so two other times very recently. One of the reasons that I do not like responding in this manner is that it is too easy to give the impression that I am taking side in favor of one or the other which is not my intent. You, Brandon, have been heavily involved in both of the other two times that I recently had to respond to an argument on the forum and here we are yet again. I really want you to think about this chain of events as well as what I am about to say.

When you post a topic wondering why something is being said, you are actually asking why someone is saying the thing that you are wondering about, but I think that you already knew that and this whole topic of yours has been directed at Pajarita from the start as you said when you posted that the reason for this post was that she had said that TOPS was the only pellet that she liked or recommended. The truth is that she never said that she actually liked any pellet, only that TOPS was the only one that she recommended if one has to feed pellets.

The majority of the replies to your topic have been trying to figure out either which pellets were being referred to other than TOPS, or in trying to answer what they perceived your questions were about. You have denied any questions and have kept going after Pajarita for her attempts to give you answers based entirely upon the things that you were saying.

If it appears that she is becoming a bit condescending with her answers, it is because of your own actions and even denying the very things that you posted. She has been trying to give you the answers that you are asking for but then you reject every answer that she gives. It is no wonder that she is getting frustrated with you.

I think that it is time for you to stop this, If you have an actual question then think about it, write it down on paper, so that you can clarify it and then ask your question and accept the answers that you receive. Or just drop this whole thing. It does not endear you to anyone, it does not show you as being a mature individual, on the contrary it puts forth the idea that you are an immature 16 year old that is just playing some dumb game. Put an end to this one way or the other, and while you are at it review the forum rules starting with rule #1 which speaks about maturity.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:16 am

Wolf wrote:I really do not like having to respond like this on the forum, but feel that I have been more or less forced to do so two other times very recently. One of the reasons that I do not like responding in this manner is that it is too easy to give the impression that I am taking side in favor of one or the other which is not my intent. You, Brandon, have been heavily involved in both of the other two times that I recently had to respond to an argument on the forum and here we are yet again. I really want you to think about this chain of events as well as what I am about to say.

When you post a topic wondering why something is being said, you are actually asking why someone is saying the thing that you are wondering about, but I think that you already knew that and this whole topic of yours has been directed at Pajarita from the start as you said when you posted that the reason for this post was that she had said that TOPS was the only pellet that she liked or recommended. The truth is that she never said that she actually liked any pellet, only that TOPS was the only one that she recommended if one has to feed pellets.

The majority of the replies to your topic have been trying to figure out either which pellets were being referred to other than TOPS, or in trying to answer what they perceived your questions were about. You have denied any questions and have kept going after Pajarita for her attempts to give you answers based entirely upon the things that you were saying.

If it appears that she is becoming a bit condescending with her answers, it is because of your own actions and even denying the very things that you posted. She has been trying to give you the answers that you are asking for but then you reject every answer that she gives. It is no wonder that she is getting frustrated with you.

I think that it is time for you to stop this, If you have an actual question then think about it, write it down on paper, so that you can clarify it and then ask your question and accept the answers that you receive. Or just drop this whole thing. It does not endear you to anyone, it does not show you as being a mature individual, on the contrary it puts forth the idea that you are an immature 16 year old that is just playing some dumb game. Put an end to this one way or the other, and while you are at it review the forum rules starting with rule #1 which speaks about maturity.

Who said Pajarita did anything wrong? We are not having an argument so anything your saying right now doesn't make any sense.Yes the topic was directed at her because she knows more about them than I do and no I did not know they answer and cant possibly know unless I ask the person on that group and Pajarita just shared what she thinks might be the reason and I did say Paj recommends them I never said LIKED them.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic