Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

No permission

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

No permission

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:43 pm

So on Friday I went to my little cousins school Christmas play and I brought Mango with me and someone took pictures without my permission and they were posted online and I asked them to remove it and they did and now its on Reddit too :(
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Re: No permission

Postby Michael » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:08 pm

By taking your birds in public, you are giving permission for public viewing and photography.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Michael wrote:By taking your birds in public, you are giving permission for public viewing and photography.

Thats illegal here though so they had to remove it, I don't mind people taking pictures if they ask but at least get a good picture like lol
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:09 am

Well, a school play is no place for a parrot, either. The parrot doesn't benefit at all from it so this was done entirely for your own benefit, Brandon.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:04 pm

Pajarita wrote:Well, a school play is no place for a parrot, either. The parrot doesn't benefit at all from it so this was done entirely for your own benefit, Brandon.

Ok you really read that wrong he was on a bus (public transport) of course he doesn't benefit only getting to go out for a while which he enjoys.Nothing I do for my birds is for my benefit and it doesn't have to benefit either of us.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:05 pm

All I'm saying is it was illegal and the person should know that, He took a picture and put it on his entertainment page.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Bird woman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:22 pm

When I take the girls on an outing usually 2 or 4 at a time I have a hard time with the picture snapping too, it happens mostly at stop lights where they can see them through the window . BUT I ALSO KNOW PEOPLE ARE NATURALLY CURIOUS AND THIS IS GOING TO BE EXPECTED. Besides your little plum baby is beautiful and there are other things way more important to fret about. My biggest problem with taking the fids out in public is there always on there best behavior and everybody wants to maul them ooohing and awwwing and then they think they want one. And unfortunately I know all too well how this turns out most of the time and I would never willing promote anyone getting a bird.( other than from a rescue with much studying first) I'm out of room and hours in the day as most rescues are. My birds love to go for drives but the windows now are tinted. BW :D
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Yeah like I mentioned already I don't mind pictures but people asking without permission to promote their own businesses I don't like and thats the first time that happened.I usually see people taking pictures when driving by or if they are stopped at traffic lights and I always tell Mango thats the paparazzi lol.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:09 pm

I know a lot of people will take pictures when Oscar goes out in public because he's bigger and easier to spot but so far he has only gone for car rides and into a small shop and he will be going to the pet shop to get Christmas presents.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Bird woman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:32 pm

Careful of those pet shops Brandon especially when they deal and have other birds in there. You never know about what's lurking around and several different bird diseases have a pretty long shelf life if you know what I mean. BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Next

Return to General & Off Topic