Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Do parrots enjoy music?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Do parrots enjoy music?

Postby galeriagila » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:05 pm

The Rickeybird loves J-Lo videos on VH1... sings a few lines from several of her songs. Here's a party version of the "Booty" song.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ri ... ORM=VRDGAR

Back in the 90s he loved Paula Abdul on MTV. I heard "Rush, rush, hurry hurry baby, back to me" all day long for about a month.

So apparently he likes cute brunettes with curves and sweet voices.
galeriagila
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 32-year-old Patagonian Conure
Flight: Yes

Postby alienlady » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:57 am

Liseth the Amazon loves music. Her favourites are reggae, opera and anything with a fast beat. She adores Edith Piaf ! When I play that for her she sings Non and then a stream of rolled 'r's'.
One day we were singing along to the Beach Boys and she didn't know the words so she sang " what you doing doing doing" to the music. I couldn't stop laughing.
alienlady
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:49 am

I LOVE Edith Piaf's "Non, je ne regrette rien" and Liseth and I could sing the "Non, rien de rien" phrase together because, like her, it's the only one I know! :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby galeriagila » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:12 pm

DJ Rickeybird prefers J-Lo... he sings a few choruses of her stuff that he picks out while watching the music tv channels he enjoys. I'm not kidding! Here's a psychedelic remix I made of him singing her hit, "Booty".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVIDQONX4XA
Back in the 90s, he preferred Paula Abdul.
So I guess we can conclude he likes curvy brunettes with sweet voices.
Go figure.
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby alienlady » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:56 am

Pajarita wrote:I LOVE Edith Piaf's "Non, je ne regrette rien" and Liseth and I could sing the "Non, rien de rien" phrase together because, like her, it's the only one I know! :lol:

I love it when people put images in my head :lol: You could take u tube by storm! :swaying: :danicing:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby galeriagila » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:19 am

I would love to hear you two "little sparrows" (that was her nickname, right?) do a duet!
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:20 pm

Yes, she was known as 'The little sparrow'. Piaf means bird or sparrow in French slang (in proper French, bird is actually 'oiseau' and sparrow is 'moineau') and, when she first started her career, the owner of the cabaret where she started gave her a nickname that became her 'nom du scene' (stage name) inspired by her small size and nervousness: Edith "La Môme Piaf" ('Môme' meaning small child) and, when they translated it to English, it became "The little sparrow".
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:20 am

alienlady wrote:Liseth the Amazon loves music. Her favourites are reggae, opera and anything with a fast beat. She adores Edith Piaf ! When I play that for her she sings Non and then a stream of rolled 'r's'.
One day we were singing along to the Beach Boys and she didn't know the words so she sang " what you doing doing doing" to the music. I couldn't stop laughing.

"What you doing doing doing" sound like what Rainbow did to Old McDonald when he was trying to keep up with the cockatiels. He turned it into an opera that took me a few days to identify.

Music puts them in a happy mood. Rainbow has been too busy reeking havoc in the house to bother to sing. Myrtle does not sing anything but "la la la". When I sing she flies to my shoulder and hums the tune with me like a backup singer.

My kids are stubborn and will not do what I ask. I have to wait to hear them when they think I am not paying attention.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby alienlady » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:29 am

That is so sweet and so funny Liz. The three of you could be the new "Supremes" :lol: :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby liz » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:25 am

That would be funny since I am tone deaf and Rainbow only sings (or does anything) while in the mood.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic