Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Do parrots enjoy music?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Do parrots enjoy music?

Postby seagoatdeb » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:15 pm

I saw on another parrot site that they were saying all parrots like take me out to the ball game. So I tried that song out on my two. Gaugan like it and swayed to it and crooned to it. Sunny just looked at us like we were silly. He really has no interest if his name isnt in it....lol
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:15 am

I don't know about 'Take me out to the ballgame' but, in my personal experience, they like songs that have a marked and simple rhythm to them - and, if you move your body and/or clap your hands to it, they like it even better!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby seagoatdeb » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:50 am

I dont know why Sunny doesn't get into music. So far he only likes his song. I do sway my head and that gets Gaugan doing some movements and crooning herself. She is so funny the way she moves, its not really dancing, but it really affects her.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby liz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:11 am

Myrtle will get on my shoulder, look in my face and hum along to my singing. Other than "La La La" she does not sing but wants to.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:47 am

seagoatdeb wrote:I dont know why Sunny doesn't get into music. So far he only likes his song. I do sway my head and that gets Gaugan doing some movements and crooning herself. She is so funny the way she moves, its not really dancing, but it really affects her.

I think that some species are more musically inclined than others but I also think that they all enjoy music, only some of them don't show it by singing or dancing.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Pajarita » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:49 am

liz wrote:Myrtle will get on my shoulder, look in my face and hum along to my singing. Other than "La La La" she does not sing but wants to.

Mami sings Tra La La and Linus goes AhhhAhhhAhhh -kind of like what a mother would do to make a baby go to sleep- and moves his head from side to side while Sophie does raspberry sounds with the rhythm and moves her body up and down. They are the only ones that actually participate in any way when I sing but I do believe they all like music.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby DrusillaBlanche » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:18 pm

Thanks for sharing.
Download your favorite song as ringtone at https://klingeltone-kostenlos.de/
DrusillaBlanche
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic