Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Do parrots enjoy music?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Do parrots enjoy music?

Postby AlexanderV » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:19 pm

kepler seems to like classic rock but gets super into whatever im singing along to, chirping along n all
doesnt seem to want ANYTHING to do with fredie mercury :?

what i find interesting is her preferences for podcasts! i listen to a lot of them (theyre my coping mechanism for just about everything) and i put it on speaker cos shell get upset when shes not included and there are some that calm her and some that dont?? for example- kepler really likes the bright sessions cast except for one person (sorry damien :/) and wolf 359 especially a certain warren kepler of the uss urania :mrgreen: and loves chatting along to them.
does seem to dislike the black tapes though..
AlexanderV
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal parrot
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Comments like yours always remind me of how old I am - I have no idea who or what you are talking about! :lol: :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby alienlady » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:50 am

Pajarita wrote:Comments like yours always remind me of how old I am - I have no idea who or what you are talking about! :lol: :lol:

You're not alone Pajarita :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon

Postby Loriusgarrulus » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:10 am

I put some panflute music on today and Karo flew over to the speaker and started making the purring sound that Tupi makes when he is pleased. It is the first time I have heard Karo make this noise. :D
Growing Old Disgracefully
Loriusgarrulus
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow backed chattering lory: Kanga
Blackheaded caique: Tupi
Yellow thighed caique: Karo

Postby seagoatdeb » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:06 am

Gaugan likes music and will sometimes make cooing sounds along with it. Sunny doesnt seem very impressed with music.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby Navre » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:10 am

Emily wrote:Do parrots enjoy music? Sometimes I'll put on a record and I'm wondering if perhaps that may bother the bird. How can you tell? I'm also interested in playing instruments so I hope that won't be annoying, haha.

They're inexplicably linked to Jimmy Buffet. :D
Navre
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby seagoatdeb » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:21 am

Sunny now likes me singing to him....if you can call that music...lol..but both my parrots like me to sing them a little song I made up for each of them. Gaugan makes sweet sounds back and Sunny looks like he is melting. no one has ever liked my singing as much as they do...lol
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:09 am

Same here! I don't sing well but I ALWAYS sing to my parrots. We have three songs that are sung every day and two more that are occasional and, once, I had lost my voice after having a real bad bronchitis [from all the coughing, I guess] and the parrots were very confused about my not singing to them.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby seagoatdeb » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:05 pm

I use their name in each of their songs so they know which one is theirs. of course I used the melody of a song already out there. I am no tune writer....lol
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:49 am

That's a real good idea! Using their names in the songs, I mean... I have only one song that 'belongs' to one single bird: Sophie's 'Bad birds - bad birds' to the tune of 'Bad boys, bad boys'. The others are for all of them BUT Linus prefers a Spanish children song about a doll, he always goes 'Ahhhaahhhaaahhh' and swings his head from one side to the other when I sing it. :D
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic