Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

That's a lot of posts

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: That's a lot of posts

Postby Pajarita » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:01 pm

Oh, I don't think that Rick was trying to make trouble. I think he was being nice! And, yes, Rick, you have become an extremely 'elegant' poster :D

As to saving animals... I had cancer 17 years ago and it was, truly, a blessing in disguise because having to face my mortality 'face to face' gave me an epiphany that completely changed my life. I had always loved animals and had always adopted instead of buying a baby anything but I was also VERY career oriented having worked hard since I was 17 years old - had three husbands, raised kids mostly on my own, went to college at night while working full time, etc and, through all this effort had managed to get to a very good position, working with people I liked a lot and making very good money (I was Sr VP in charge of Corporate Services in a boutique investment firm in Manhattan). I had a beautiful house, travelled extensively, etc But the possibility of dying soon made me realize that all these things did not count for much at the end of the day and that, if I got better, I wanted to do what I had wanted since I was a child: to help animals. So, when I got better, I started the process of changing my life so I could do this -which meant quit work and make do with much less money, sell the house and move to the country, etc. It wasn't a smooth transition... there were 'snags' as in when I took courses and passed exams so I could work in a zoo and, once I got a job in one lasted only a few months because I HATED it! So I went into rescue, instead, and overdid it to the point that I almost killed myself (can't ever do anything like a normal person, I always have to do more and better :lol: ) but my husband 'saved' me when he put his foot down and said: "No more!" and here I am now, not doing as much as I would like for animals but still alive and kicking and helping as many of them as I can without upsetting the apple cart :D
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic